Children/Charity Segment – March 20, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 3 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
THE MAMA’S HOUSE w/ Rachel Harrington re: “A Place of Hope”. She’s the Executive Assistant to the Founder. The location is secret for the safety of their clients.
– REPORT they are a home for pregnant women in crisis. Shelter and a home for after they have their baby. Different community partners help w/ different emergencies.
– DISCUSSION of how they find their clients. Hospitals, police, 30 community partners, etc.
– REPORT that there is a Hope Center in Palm Desert to counsel and educate these women.
– OBSERVATION of the help this facility gives to these clients.
– MANY clients have no place to go, no support system, no means of financial support.
– HOPE to open an extension facility for pregnant women who have additional children as well in the future.
– REPORT that volunteers are needed. Mama’s House will train you. Need sitters, tutors, etc., etc., Also need dollar donations. Information is on the website.
– REPORT that they can house 10 mothers and babies.
– DISCUSSION that after the birth Mama’s House helps them get their diploma, take classes on parenting @ no cost, get professional therapy, go to support groups, take art classes etc.
– REPORT that there are no age limits if the pregnant gal is in crisis.
– REPORT that there are tax receipts for donations.