“Senior Moment” Segment – February 13, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
BROOKDALE MIRAGE INN w/ Kurt Suminski re: 72750 Country Club Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA., 92270. He is the Clare Bridge/Memory Facility Program Co-Ordinator.
– DISCUSSION of the Three levels @ Brookdale care provides: 1.) Independent Living 2.) Assisted Living and 3.) Memory Care/Alzheimer’s/Dementia (Clare Bridge) that Kurt oversees.
– REPORT that everyone; staff and residents, has gotten their 2nd shot. Partnered w/ CV Pharmacy who came to the site.
– REPORT that there have been no incidents over the shots/vaccinations etc.,
– REPORT on their activities that are planned for Valentine’s Day. Hopefully outdoors on the patios.
– DISCUSSION that there are available apartments in Assisted Living. Jennifer, of sales and marketing, can give you a porch visit and show you the facility.
– REPORT that residents can have “porch visits”, zoom/skype/facetime/virtual meetings etc. EVERY apartment has their own window/porch. Some residents do phone calls/virtual visits each day. Even the “lower” functioning residents react w/ joy and positivity.
– REPORT that the residents are helped to celebrate each other and not the losses they have incurred.
– REPORT that Kurt’s “chocolate” lab is so good for morale @ Brookdale.
– DISCUSSION of the peace and quiet @ Brookdale and on all of the grounds there.