Restaurant of the Week Segment – February 13, 2021
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ Todd Flood re: “Maracas Mexican Cantina & Grill”. 155 S. Palm Cyn., Drive, Palm Springs, CA. 92262 and 72775 Dinah Shore Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA. 92270.
– REPORT on Valentine’s Weekend @ Maracas will have the regular menu PLUS a special menu w/ two items; a “Surf and Turf” offering (shrimp and carne asada) and a chicken dish (arroz con pollo).
– Joey’s favorite “Philippe” (snapper) will be on the menu in Palm Springs soon.
– REPORT on how Maracas functioned during the most recent “shut down”. He had continued to do “take out” and ordering food throughout so he was able to gear up for re-opening outside easily.
– REPORT that Maracas Rancho Mirage (next to Crispy Cream Donuts) has a big tent for outdoor dining and music every night. Regular is Mark Anthony. Tent shared by “The Slice” and Maracas R.M.
– REPORT on hours @ Rancho Mirage 11 AM to 8 PM and weekends until 9 PM, 7 days a week.
– REPORT on hours 11 AM to 8 PM or a bit later because of all the tourists in town now and weekends until 10 PM, 7 days a week.
– REPORT on umbrellas and heaters @ both locations.
– DISCUSSION on the impact of the Pandemic on Thursday night Street Fair downtown Palm Springs. His report on the attitude of the vendors.
– DISCUSSION of the impact of the Pandemic on the restaurants in the Community and how he has tried to hire some of the folks put out of work.