Restaurant of the Week Segment – January 23, 2021
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK w/ Paris Kessinger re: “Crazy Mel’s Burgers & Bar”. 166 N. Palm Cyn., Drive, Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT that they (Paris & George Kessinger) are serving food via “take out”. Quick turn around after you order.
– DESCRIPTION of the “take out” scenario. There is an outside “window” to walk up to and place your order.
– REPORT that they have not heard about when they can re-open. Waiting on the Governor, the City, etc., and will continue to follow all precautions and protocols. How the “neighbors” in the area are supporting each other.
– REPORT that they HAVE NEVER CLOSED.
– DISCUSSION of all the parades that “Crazy Mel’s” served as a viewing location for and how much they are missed.
– DISCUSSION of how the food they’ve ordered is handled w/ the last minute “shut downs”. They freeze everything and work from there and stop ordering.
– REPORT on the “take out” menu. Includes alcohol. Order by calling, or any of the delivery services, i.e. Grubhub, door dash, etc.
– REPORT on the new breakfast menu; the new grilled cheese menu, the lunch and dinner menu. See the menus on their Facebook Page. Most meals are under $15. for everything.
– REPORT that they are open 6 days a week, 10 AM to 8 PM. Closed Tuesdays.