Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – December 5, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 3 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Lindsey Valenzuela re: Doctor of Pharmacy; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– REPORT that we are starting the 38th week of COVID-19 “Sheltering in Place”.
– REPORT that the number of positive cases and full hospital beds is up in Riverside County.
– DISCUSSION that we need to work on our “out of the public” behaviors.
– REPORT that CV hospitals are doing OK @ this point in time.
– DISCUSSION that data shows that death is NOT the only repercussion of COVID-19. Long term effects not completely known yet.
– REPORT that 24% of hospitalized COVIDI-19 patients will die in 60 days.
– DISCUSSION of a “Joey Pal’s” question about the change in the way the diagnosis of COVID-19 is made.
– REPORT on Garry’s question: that loss of teeth has become a somewhat common symptom due to inflammation issues. Sequence of the progression of symptoms.
– REPORT that the triage procedure in the Emergency Room takes a while to perform COVID-19 tests. D.O.H.C.’s Immediate Care locations are in Palm Springs and Indio.
– D.O.H.C. does a rapid flu test first, then COVID-19.
– REPORT on EMERGENCY USE AUTHORIZATION (EUA). Any day Pfiser should have this. CDC has been planning on distribution of the vaccine for months. First to get the vaccine will be the health care workers.
– REPORT that the flu virus is also air born.