Desert Care Network Segment – December 12, 2020
h3>11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 2 – Desert Care Network Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
COMPREHENSIVE CANCER CENTER w/ Cassie Mayberry. Re: Desert Care Network/Desert Regional Medical Center @ 1180 N. Indian Canyon, Palm Springs. Marketing Coordinator.
– CCC is on the campus of Desert Regional Medical Center, but a separate facility.
– REPORT new Scout Radar Technology for Breast Cancer patients. Wireless, tumor location technology for breast cancer.
– 2.8 million women a year need breast surgery for a tumor. The old way of locating the tumor has been w/ a wire inserted into the breast and sticking out of the breast. Then the surgeon “follows” the wire TO THE TUMOR. Not always a good route.
– REPORT on the new technology w/ the Scout Radiology. The size of a grain of rice. Conserves more of the healthy breast tissue, can locate the tumor EXACTLY and most likely doesn’t require a second surgery.
– REPORT that then the “grain of rice” COMES out. The grain of rice is called a “reflector”.
– Over 90,000 women have had this procedure!!!
Helps to diffuse the already traumatic effects of having cancer. This is done as an “in-patient” procedure.
– DISCUSSION that at this point in time, this procedure is being used for breast cancer only.
– REPORT that DCN is the only hospital in the Valley w/ this technology.