cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – December 12, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 3 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
BROOKDALE MIRAGE INN w/ Kurt Suminski re: 72750 Country Club Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA., 92270. He is the Clare Bridge/Memory Facility Co-Ordinator.
– DISCUSSION of the Three levels @ Brookdale care provides: 1.) Independent Living 2). Assisted Living and 3.) Memory Care/Alzheimer’s/Dementia (Clare Bridge) that Kurt oversees.
– REPORT that residents can have “porch visits”, zoom/skype/facetime/virtual meetings etc. EVERY apartment has their own window/porch. Some residents do phone calls/virtual visits each day. Even the “lower” functioning residents react w/ joy and positivity.
– MEMORY CARE is doing things in their own space during this new “shut down”. They “lite up” when they see the Christmas decorations. Even if they are not verbal, they are reacting.
– Brookdale has done EXTRA decorating for the Holidays.
– REPORT on the food during the “winter” time.
– DISCUSSION on the emotional level of the residents.
– DISCUSSION of how families may notice a “decline” in their loved one when they visit @ this time of year. Then Brookdale increases the monitoring of that person. They keep the person who has the “power of attorney” of this change and increase the communication.
– REPORT that there are openings for new residents at this point in time @ Brookdale.
– REPORT that there are virtual church services for the residents.