cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – December 12, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DEMENTIA HELP CENTER w/ Kae Hammond re: President & Founder; 495 Town Center Way, 44 Ste., B, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– DISCUSSION of the conversation we were having w/ Larry re: She experienced the same w/ the loss of her husband.
– DISCUSSION that she feels her husband “knew” she was there until his last breath.
– REPORT on having music “in the room” during those last moments. Belief that the person “is aware” even if they can’t speak.
– DISCUSSION of how she helps her clients “pick” a facility/home. How she communicates w/ the client EVEN if they can’t speak or communicate in the traditional way. The client’s wishes are the most important thing, not necessarily the family’s wishes.
– REPORT on the isolation WE ARE ALL LIVING WITH NOW, let alone the residents of these facilities. FEAR is impacting us. Families are fearful of WHAT the diagnosis may be for their loved one and possibly for them down the road.
– DISCUSSION that dementia is NOT a genetic predisposition for the most part.
– SUGGESTIONS for Christmas gifts for the caregivers. i.e. give the gift of “time” away from their duties. Wrap it w/ a card or bow and make it a real GIFT as such. Gift cards for manicures, pedicures, coffee, personal things.
– REPORT on live ZOOM support group the 1st and 3rd Wednesday.