P.S. Air Museum/Act For MS/Waring International Piano Segment – November 7, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 3 – P.S. Air Museum/Act For MS/Waring International Piano Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
PALM SPRINGS AIR MUSEUM w/ Ann Greer re:745 N. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT that the Museum is almost 25 years old. Opened on Veteran’s Day. Is open now w/ great air flow. Everyone must wear masks. There are temperature checks. Children under 12 get in FREE w/ a paying adult.
– REPORT that the F117 Stealth Fighter “Nighthawk” has arrived and is being restored. Book an F117 “experience” for the video viewings and there will be a different guest speaker each “experience”. You will get a t-shirt for each “experience”. Nov., 27 is the next one, then Nov., 28 for $45. Will eventually be housed in the Jim Houston Pavillion.
– Warbird Rides available in the Steerman. $195. Book online.
– 11/7 Blood Drive today.
– REPORT that Pearl Harbor Day celebration will be Nov., 6; Veteran’s Day celebration will be on Sat., Nov., 7.
– REPORT that Coachella Valley Drive-In is screening drive-in movies. Book @ www.coachellavalleydrivein.com. $12. for adults. Sponsored by the Shalhoub Family.
ACT FOR MS re: 73-710 Fred Waring Dr., Ste., # 118, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– REPORT that ACT FOR MS is 20 years old. Founded by Ann’s Mother, Gloria Greer.
– IMPACT on clients due to the Pandemic.
– REPORT that on Dec.,12, ACT for MS will have a fundraiser on CBS Channel #2 @ 7 PM w/ Tom Dreesen, Deanna Martin and the “Doc” Poster orchestra on KESQ. Produced by Richard DeSantis, directed by Bill Finley and emceed by Karen Devine. VOG will be Miss Joey English. Celebrating the “Experience the Legacy of The Chi Chi Club”.
– REPORT on how to support/sponsor this event @ different levels of $500. to $10,000.
– REPORT that the monies go to support services for all the clients, which cost over $5,000. per person.
VIRGINIA WARING INTERNATIONAL PIANO COMPETITION. re: 73-710 Fred Waring Dr., #201, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– REPORT that there will be virtual programming starting in Jan.,
– Gala will be April 3, 2021 outside @ the Westin Mission Hills.
– REPORT on “Waring Wednesdays” every other Wednesday on their UTube Channel that has 150 videos.
– SIGN up for newsletters on the website.