Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – November 28, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 3 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Lindsey Valenzuela re: Doctor of Pharmacy; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– REPORT that we are starting the 37th week of COVID-19 “Sheltering in Place”.
– REPORT on the word “bamlanivimab”, an antibody treatment. lol
– DISCUSSION on how this new curfew will impact us and the virus. Goal to limit the interactions that happen after 10 PM.
– REPORT on Garry’s question: that dog owners are 78% more likely to catch COVID-19 than cat owners.
– REPORT on mutations of the virus. Fear that the mutation might decrease the efficacy of a vaccine. This might prove to be just the opposite.
– REPORT on EMERGENCY USE AUTHORIZATION (EUA). Any day Pfiser should have this. CDC has been planning on distribution of the vaccine for months. First to get the vaccine will be the health care workers.
– DISCUSSION of how/when D.O.H.C. will get the vaccine and which one they will get.
– REPORT that health care workers wear PPE when it is needed.
– REPORT that most likely place to get the virus is still the supermarket.
– REPORT on Olumiant. A new drug for the treatment of arthritis. This drug is in an investigational stage for use in COVID-19 treatment.