Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – September 19, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– REPORT that we are now starting our 27th. week of “Sheltering in Place”.
– REPORT that CA. has surpassed 775,000 cases, only Brazil has a higher per capita rate than the U.S. figure.
– REPORT that Australia and New Zealand are almost @ 0.
– REPORT that we have 9 vaccines in development now and Pfiser has over 9,000 people enrolled in the trials and have extended their trials down to 16-year olds and also folks w/ HIV.
– DISCUSSION of how we will “live” w/ this virus going forward, as we live w/ others, i.e. polio, sars, etc. May be seasonal etc.,
– REPORT that the vaccine now is a “two-shot” but going forward the hope is for a “one-shot” annual vaccine.
– DISCUSSION of a question from a “Joey Pal”…”herd mentality”. i.e. people who like to wear or do not like to wear masks is an example of “herd mentality”. Dr. Robert Ray Redfield, the head of the CDC has said that the “mask” is probably MORE IMPORTANT that a vaccine.
– REPORT that we are waiting to see if there is a surge a few weeks after Labor Day and so far we have NOT seen spikes in the number of cases.
– DISCUSSION that Riverside County has moved into the “red” tier.
– REPORT that hospital numbers are down. Our community is @ 4 – 6 %.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C. has given over 4,000 flu shots in their drive-thru facilities.