Neuro Vitality Segment – August 8, 2020
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – Neuro Vitality Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
NEURO VITALITY CENTER w/ Bev Greer re: Chief Executive Officer @ 2800 E. Alejo Road, Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– Their Mission Statement. Out-patient services only, etc. Over 40 years in existence. Only facility of its kind IN THE WORLD.
– REPORT that their facility is closed to the public @ this point in time. Kitchen, gym, nurse, social worker etc., still working in one form or another, thanks to all the technology. NO ONE IN THE NVC FAMILY HAS TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19.
– REPORT on NVC being an adult day care center.
– REPORT that most of their services have been converted to virtual presentations. i.e. actually can interact w/ more people virtually because all services are still available EVERYWHERE.
– DISCUSSION that even w/ the age of their clients, all is working rather well. Only those clients w/ cognitive issues have special circumstances. She worries about helping the Alzheimers/Dementia folks who don’t quite understand what is going on, ONLY THAT THINGS ARE DIFFERENT. Music seems to help these folks.
– DISCUSSION on how we have folks filling roles they aren’t familiar with up to now.
– NVC is providing tablets AND instruction to their clients who are sheltering @ home so they can take advantage of the virtual on-line classes and services.
– REPORT on new ways to help younger clients w/ TBI, etc.
– REPORT that they deliver lunch to folks who are homebound.
– DISCUSSION that NVC is willing to advise and/or help you if you have someone living w/ you that NOW needs some guidance and assistance.
– DISCUSSION of how new patients are incorporated into the system and how these new folks can be serviced, ANYWHERE in the world. Stressing HOPE.