Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – August 22, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– REPORT that we are now starting our 23rd. week of “Sheltering in Place”.
– REPORT that now COVID-19 is the leading cause of death in the U.S. Americans 8 times more likely to die of COVID-19 than any European.
– REPORT that we need to wear a two-layer cotton mask. Bandanas, gators masks are not as effective.
– PREDICTING a flu surge. 20% more Americans need to get flu shots this year to avoid a strain on our medical systems. Already screening for Flu along w/ COVID-19 screening. Get your flu shot as soon as it is available, especially if you are a Senior.
– REPORT that most COVID-19 cases are folks below 40 years of age.
– REPORT on Casinos; D.O.H.C. has helped put their screening procedures in place in some cases.
– DISCUSSION about why we as Americans are doing so badly against COVID-19. Be smart about where you get your information. We have over 400,000 pediatric cases of children w/ COVID-19 under 12 in the Country.
– DISCUSSION that in states w/ high case rates, going back to school is not advisable.
– REPORT on the rumors surrounding the drug remdesivir. Rumor that oleander plants would cure COVID-19, when in fact, it is fatal to human beings.