cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – August 8, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DEMENTIA HELP CENTER w/ Kae Hammond re: President & Founder; 495 Town Center Way, 44 Ste., B, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– DISCUSSION of her participation in “relocating” a 98-year-old client from Brookdale to the hospital. How we might all start to think about this process.
– REPORT on treating the possessions of a client w/ dignity and respect, even if the person has dementia/alzheimers and look for “treasures” in between the pages of a magazine or a book i.e.
– DISCUSSION that many folks put MONEY in between the pages of a book/bible etc.
– DISCUSSION that there is great pleasure in a “memory afternoon” w/ a patient.
– REPORT on the psychology of “why” folks put different treasures “where”. Important to look in drawers, and under shelf liners and under drawer liners. Some older folks even put their money in foil and put it in the freezer!!!!
– REPORT that finding these “treasures” may trigger a conversation w/ a client and might also be a blessing for the person assisting the client.
– REPORT on the calls she gets and the questions she is asked.