Technology Segment – July 4, 2020
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 2 – Technology Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
EGGHEAD IT w/ Dennis Shelly – Serving Riverside County and nearby areas.
– REPORT on the COVID-19 exposure notifications AUTOMATICALLY installed on your phone. Trying to build up a database of your proximity to COVID-19 exposures. In China, app. turns the phone red, yellow or green “hot spots” that you have been in. Has already been installed, but you HAVE TO ACTIVATE the app.
– REPORT – DON’T STORE PASSWORDS in your browser. (i.e. Google Chrome) When we are attacked it is usually through a browser. Last Past is a paid, better service to store your passwords. There are some FREE password storage places. Info on his website.
– DISCUSSION of how slow Internet service has become while everyone is working @ home.
– REPORT on the extensions that slow your computer. Go to Google Chrome and type in “extensions”.
– HTTP is unsecured. HTTPS is secured.
– REPORT on the $5./month service. Monitored anti-virus solution. Can do a $20./month telephone supported service.