“Senior Moment” Segment – July 11, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
BROOKDALE MIRAGE INN w/ Kurt Suminski 72750 Country Club Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA., 92270. He’s the Clare Bridge/Memory Facility Co-Ordinator.
– DISCUSSION of the Three levels @ Brookdale care provides: 1.) Independent Living 2). Assisted Living and 3.) Memory Care/Alzheimer’s/Dementia (Clare Bridge). All are to “shelter-in-place”.
– REPORT that there ARE NO COVID-19 cases @ Brookdale!!!!
– REPORT on how the cleaning is accomplished by their housekeeping staff w/ data safety sheets.
– DISCUSSION that Brookdale needs to protect residents living INSIDE and staff coming in from the OUTSIDE.
– REPORT on medical personnel doing VIRTUAL visits when needed.
– REPORT that there are vacancies in Assisted Living.
– REPORT that residents feel safe and secure. Virtual visits w/ families are popular. Visits thru email, facetime, skyping, thru the windows, etc. Families are happy to know their loved one is in such a safe facility.
– REPORT that if a resident is near the end-of-life the family is allowed to be w/ them w/ proper restrictions.
– REPORT that any new residents who move in will have to comply w/ the 14-day quarantine that is in place for the whole country. Lance will guide everyone thru the process. Virtual visits and “porch” visits.
– REPORT on the ventilation system maintenance schedule to combat the airborne virus. Each apartment has its own ventilation system!!!