Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – July 4, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– REPORT that we are now starting our 16th week of “sheltering in place”.
– DISCUSSION of the lack of “celebration” for this 4th of July. Our universal depression/heartache @ this point in time.
– REPORT on the bad news: that our 3 hospitals ICU’s are filled. Surge is happening now, EVERYWHERE. Imperial Valley is sending their COVID-19 patients to San Francisco!!!!
– Most of the new cases are age 49 and below.
– Patients as young as 35 are not doing well in hospital. Obesity contributes to this.
– MOST NEW CASES are coming from Coachella, Indio, etc.
– DISCUSSION that China is reporting that the H1N1 “swine flu” from 2009 and 1918 is having a resurgence.
– DISCUSSION of a zoo anomic virus, transfers from animals to humans.
– DISCUSSION OF 50,000 cases a day in the U.S.
– REPORT to limit your input of knowledge on COVID-19 to legitimate sources, not FB, etc.
– DISCUSSION of anti-body therapies vs. a vaccine.
– REPORT on the progress of a vaccine. Possibly by October for high-risk workers. Cansino vaccine is being tested in the military. Pfiser being tested as well.