cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – July 11, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DEMENTIA HELP CENTER w/ Kae Hammond re: President & Founder; 495 Town Center Way, 44 Ste., B, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– DISCUSSION that skilled nursing centers have difficult challenges due to COVID-19 PLUS the additional health issues that may also exist.
– REPORT that there are ZOOM meetings every 2 weeks for caregivers. Alzheimer Coachella Valley does the same thing.
– DISCUSSION of how patients get by without the support groups they were ABLE to attend. Now some groups i.e. “Songshine” are doing ZOOM meetings. Problem is that some older folks don’t like the technology involved.
– DISCUSSION of the challenge of deterioration that may occur for isolated patients AND the caregiver.
– REPORT that DHC will assist caregivers who reach frustrating challenges and help when re-locating patients is needed. Detailed protocol for cleaning and integrating into the new community involved.
– PUT ON A MASK.