Senior Moment Segment – June 13, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – Senior Moment Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
BROOKDALE MIRAGE INN w/ Kurt Suminski 72750 Country Club Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA., 92270. He’s the Clare Bridge/Memory Co-Ordinator.
– DISCUSSION of the Three levels @ Brookdale care provides: 1.) Independent Living 2). Assisted Living and 3.) Memory Care/Alzheimer’s/Dementia (Clare Bridge). All are to “shelter-in-place”.
– DISCUSSION of how “SECURE” the residents feel. NO CO-VID-19 CASES. Still NO visitors, except necessary medical/hospice/health personnel.
– REPORT on the “Drive-by” birthday celebration for a resident in assisted living who turned 100!!!!
– REPORT on how the staff and deliveries are handled. Deliveries are made out front and then sanitized when brought inside. All staff is checked upon entering.
– REPORT that residents have “social distancing” for bingo etc. Dining room is still closed. But in “Memory Care” and “Assisted Living” residents can dine with social distancing “in their doorways” AND Ashley has a “bar cart” and delivers pre-ordered cocktails w/ meals for 2 of the levels of living!!
– DISCUSSION of how aware residents were/are of the COVID-19 changes.
– REPORT that on the 23rd everyone is going to be tested.
– REPORT that Amanda, the musical therapist is conducting her sessions via Skype in the “Memory Care” facility.
– VACANCIES are available in “Assisted Living” @ this point in time.
– REPORT that any new residents who move in will have to comply w/ the 14-day quarantine that is in place for the whole country.
– REPORT that potential residents/families can call and have a “virtual tour” to see the facility. Can do a “porch patio” conversational visit as well.