cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – June 13, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DEMENTIA HELP CENTER w/ Kae Hammond re: President & Founder; 495 Town Center Way, 44 Ste., B, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– CONVERSATION about the drawbacks of wearing a mask. Lol
– DISCUSSION of the need to give a family insight, education and support for their loved one suffering w/ any of the 98 forms of dementia and Alzheimer’s ESPECIALLY now. Sharing resources.
– DISCUSSION of the book, “36 Hour Day” by Peter V. Rabins and Nancy L. Mace.
– DISCUSSION of caregivers “burn out” w/ no support system. Causes so many stressful situations, i.e. no sleep etc., ESPECIALLY DURING THIS “SHELTER IN PLACE” time.
– DISCUSSION that Alzheimer’s is not heredity per se. You may carry the gene but not develop the disease.
– REPORT on the home situations @ this point in time. #1 MENTAL HEALTH CRISIS in the country is to caregivers and patients during this “shelter in place” time.
– Caregivers can call for support and coaching to combat the loneliness and isolation. Also, via Zoom. Call Kae anytime.