Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – May 16, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”.
– REPORT that Riverside County has allowed some to open up, even though City and State are offering different guidelines.
– REPORT that Riverside County has the highest testing level. Two more testing centers, one in Desert Hot Springs and Mecca. Still need to make an appointment. (888) 634-1123 for non DOHC folks. Desirable rate is 1 positive case per 10,00 people.
– DOHC members call (760) 969-6555 for free testing thru DOHC.
– REPORT that if you are within 6 feet of ANYONE, wear a mask. Risk of contracting the COVID-19 goes from 2% to 70% if you don’t have a mask on, even if you are asymptomatic.
– REPORT on the rules just updated from the City of Palm Springs.
– ANSWER to the questions from Joey Pals.
1. What’s changed in the COVID-19 virus? Thankfully, the case load that was expected didn’t occur. People did what they were advised to. Only 900 cases in the CV w/ 40 deaths.
– WEAR A MASK AND WASH YOUR HANDS…..the virus will always be around.
– REPORT on the Vaccine and the 100 that are in the works. Hope for a vaccine to high-risk folks in late fall. Plastic injectables possible to allow for mass production.
– REPORT to get your flu shot as soon as possible in August.
– DEFINITION OF PPP…personal protection equipment.