Travel Segment – April 4, 2020
Hour 2 Seg 2 – Travel Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
ACT TOURS w/ Steve Kanold re: 555 S. Sunrise Way, #219, Palm Springs, CA. 92264.
– REPORT on the World of Travel. DISCUSSION of the emotional drain on people who really don’t feel like traveling @ this point in time.
– ACT is a tour operator. DISCUSSION of how refunds work. There aren’t really any penalties right now. Most cruise lines and tour operators are giving you CREDITS toward further trips.
– DISCUSSION of what happens when folks don’t want to take a refund or the entity WON’T give a refund. Perhaps transfer funds to next year w/ no increase in prices.
– ACT had 300 folks traveling in March and April so someone is answering the phones @ the office until 1 PM each day. i.e. moved Hawaiian trip to September.
– DISCUSSION of the planned trip to Mexico in May.
– REPORT on the atmosphere in Yucca Valley where Steve lives. People seeking “safe houses” away from civilization at this point in time.
– REPORT that the FREE Travel Club of the Desert, the first Wednesday of every month is currently canceled until further notice.