Senior Moment Segment – April 11, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – Senior Moment Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
BROOKDALE MIRAGE INN w/ Kurt Suminski 72750 Country Club Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA., 92270. He’s the Clare Bridge/Memory Co-ordinator.
– DISCUSSION of the Three levels @ Brookdale care provides: 1.) Independent Living 2). Assisted Living and 3.) Memory Care/Alzheimer’s/Dementia (Clare Bridge). Open campus.
– DISCUSSION of how the atmosphere @ Brookdale.
– REPORT that the residents are still in “a community” so not such a feeling of isolation. Staff making certain meals, medication etc. go on as needed.
– REPORT that the buildings are “shut down”, except for restricted services needed i.e. hospice.
– DISCUSSION that some activities are reduced to conform w/ social distancing. REPORT that the residents call in their meal service and the meals are delivered to each resident’s room. Residents are sitting in their doorways and carry on conversations w/ other diners in theirs.
– REPORT that there is a MOBILE COCKTAIL cart.
– REPORT that the staff that comes and goes is constantly checked.
– VACANCIES are only in Assisted Living. Need to call and have a “virtual tour” to see the facility. Can do a “porch patio” conversational visit.
– REPORT that any new residents will have the 14-day quarantine that is in place for the whole country.
– Amanda is doing musical interaction via Skype w/ the residents.