Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – April 25, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
Click HERE for information about COVID-19 from Desert Oasis Healthcare and the Centers for Disease Control.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C. is working closely w/ Eisenhower Health, Desert Care Network and Desert AIDS Project to service the community.
– REPORT that there is a COVID-19 testing tent @ their campus on El Cielo. Looking for air conditioners for this tent. Testing between 40 – 50 folks a day. For D.O.H.C.’s employees and patients.
– We are 5 weeks into the “Shelter-In-Place”.
– THE BAD NEWS. Riverside County is #2 for positive cases in CA. (after Los Angeles). But the rate has SLOWED!!!!
– REPORT that hospitals are starting to see elective surgical cases return. Folks have been staying home w/ heart attacks, strokes etc.,
– REPORT on the regime/ritual for D.O.H.C. staff and their clothing when their shift is over.
– DISCUSSION of their (760) 969-6555 patient help line for D.O.H.C. clients.
– REPORT on a new COVID-19 symptom. “COVID-19 toes” is showing up in younger folks.
– THE GOOD NEWS – work on vaccine being done all over the world. Trying to find ways for the body to recognize the virus and the antibodies. Looking @ vaccines from other counties.
– REPORT on convalescent plasma.
– REPORT on the “herb immunity”.
– REPORT that LabCorp will have the ability to do a blood test, approved by the FDA, to see if you have had the virus. LabCorp has a home test you can pay for and send it.
– DISCUSSION that we now know that dogs can be asymptomatic w/ the virus and cats can be symptomatic. Pigs and chickens CANNOT get CoronaVirus!!!!