Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – April 4, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
D.O.H.C. w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Services; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C. is working closely w/ Eisenhower Health, Desert Care Network and Desert AIDS Project to service the community.
– REPORT on having to isolate his children from their friends in his house.
– REPORT on the worst news: Surge will be around April 26. Will have 6,000 cases in Riverside County in April and 60,000 in Riverside Country in May.
– REPORT on the good news: We here in the CV got the “Shelter-In-Place” early enough. Traffic is down @ the Immediate Cares and the hospitals.
– DISCUSSION of the heat sensitivity of this coronavirus. Seasonality of this coronavirus.
– DISCUSSION of wearing a mask. CDC is starting to suggest ALL folks should wear barrier masks in public. On www.mydohc.com you can learn how to make one. 1. Will decrease the chances of you spreading/getting the coronavirus. 2. Will be a social cue that you are taking this all seriously. 3. Will keep you from touching your face.
– REPORT that masks use to cost $ .85 now are upwards of $11.
– DISCUSSION of whether or not the coronavirus can live on food that you have delivered. You can request “contactless” delivery. www.dinegps.com for a list of restaurants that will deliver.
1. How to handle home FOOD DELIVERY.
2. Hot food is probably safer.
3. How to handle home GROCERY DELIVERY.
4. Virus can live 24 hours on paper, 2 to 3 days on plastic and 2 to 3 days on glass.
– Go to www.mydohc.com for current information. Do not need to be a DOHC member to use the website.
– REPORT that DOHC members that have symptoms, can CALL first, then go to DOHC Palm Springs Campus, and get swabbed IN THE CAR, and a doctor will come out to your car if needed.
– REPORT that there is a swab center @ the Indio Fairgrounds for non-DOHC members.