City of Palm Springs Segment – April 18, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – City of Palm Springs Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS w/ Mayor Geoff Kors 3200 E. Tahquitz Cyn., Way, Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT on the new edict by the City of Palm Springs, that everyone in Palm Springs MUST wear a face covering in public. Violators will be fined.
– REPORT on the special Tuesday night City Council meeting. Requiring that businesses must POST a sign that says no one may enter w/out a face covering.
– DISCUSSION of how this order will be enforced.
– REPORT on his interaction and communication w/ the City, County, State and Federal levels of government officials.
– HOPE that in the City of P.S. will experience a low level of new cases of COVID-19 and we can re-open albeit w/ a certain level of social distancing in place.
– REPORT that the City can do MORE restrictions, but NOT LESS than the County and State have imposed.
– DISCUSSION of how well the Coachella Valley has done in “staying the course” in fighting the Virus vs. the rest of the state.
– REPORT on the report and information on the City’s website.
– Mayor’s HOPE that we will all be kind to one another.