Animal/Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment – April 11, 2020
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Animal/Desert Oasis Healthcare Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
LOVING ALL ANIMALS w/ Joey English re: 83496 51st Ave., Coachella, CA. 92236.
– REPORT that they’ve cleared out their shelter into foster care or adoptions.
– REPORT that there are a couple of animals that need a little special TL.
– REPORT that LAA will arrange “Meet & Greets” at your home w/ all safety precautions.
– REPORT that they are focusing efforts on collecting donations of animal food and supplies, so that folks won’t surrender their pets to shelters or rescues.
– DONATE w/ Amazon or another delivery service to send food, liter, and other supplies. While you shop use AmazonSmile.
– SHIP to Humane Society of the CV., 17825 N. Indian Cyn., N. Palm Springs, CA. 92258.
– DIRECTIVE NOT TO GO TO LOCATIONS to drop off donations.
DESERT OASIS HEALTHCARE w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C. is working closely w/ Eisenhower Health, Desert Care Network and Desert AIDS Project to service the community.
– OBSERVATION on all the closed businesses and empty roads.
– QUESTIONS FROM JOEY PALS. Virus can live 24 hours on paper, 2 to 3 days on plastic and 2 to 3 days on glass. Some thought that the corona virus particles can be suspended in air for “several minutes”.
– REPORT the worst news: Soon we will be @ ICU capacity in Riverside County. 20% of cases are being hospitalized.
– REPORT on masks, now mandatory for anyone leaving their home. Good to see social distancing in the stores. The Plexiglas protection area @ checkouts.
– REPORT the good news: We here in the CV got the “Shelter-In-Place” early enough. Seeing a slow-down in the number of cases.
– REPORT that the virus will probably come back in the Fall, so some measures will remain in place.
– DISCUSSION of the impact on the hospital industry. The hospitals can go to 100 ICU beds @ this time.
– Go to www.mydohc.com for current information. Do not need to be a DOHC member to use the website.