cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – March 14, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 3 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you that many of the interviews, events and functions I am featuring this week are being canceled, postponed or rescheduled minute by minute.
Please check web sites and phone numbers for up-to-date information. Be well and all the best. Joey.
FOREST LAWN w/ Larry Davis re: 69855 E. Ramon Rd., Cathedral City, CA. 92234.
– Celebrating his 15 years w/ Forest Lawn when they took over the Cathedral City location and 47 years in the funeral profession.
– Forest lawn is service oriented in all things.
– DISCUSSION of how quickly time seems to go and how important it is to say the things you want/need to say and NOT TO WAIT.
– We are all aging @ the same rate, one day @ a time.
– DISCUSSION of his perception of life and death in his career in this industry, and how it’s changed in his 47 years in the industry.
– DISCUSSION of “funeral law” and the 3 attorneys that Forest Lawn has on staff due in part to the change in families.
– Cremation has increased from 2% to 75% in the last few years here in the Valley.
– Funerals are now less about religion and ritual and more about the person. A funeral can now be sent via “stream-spot” around the world w/ the new technology.
– Pre-planning and pre-paying for your services will give you the “control” and peace of mind. Forest Lawn personnel will help w/ these discussions also.