“Senior Moment” Segment – February 8, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – “Senior Moment” Segment
BROOKDALE MIRAGE INN w/ Kurt Suminski 72750 Country Club Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA., 92270. He’s the Clare Bridge/Memory Co-ordinator.
– DISCUSSION of the Three levels @ Brookdale care provides: 1.) Independent Living 2). Assisted Living and 3.) Memory Care/Alzheimer’s/Dementia (Clare Bridge). Open campus.
– DISCUSSION that Brookdale Mirage Inn has “respite care”!!! For folks visiting in this area, they can stay in respite care for a month etc., in the Independent living. Example of Sunny Thompson’s active parents traveling w/ her for her show “Sunny and Her Hollywood Blondes” @ the Annenberg 2/16/2020.
– REPORT that many care-givers have trouble “giving up” the care of a loved one to Brookdale and why.
– DISCUSSION of the “round-the-clock” care for Alzheimer’s/Dementia patients @ Clare Bridge and the resulting interaction between patient and family that then improves.
– DISCUSSION of the in-house support for new families during this transition period.
– DISCUSSION of how aggressive “exit-seeking” residents are treated. In concert w/ the doctor of course. Positive results.