cont. “Senior Moment” Segment – January 11, 2020
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 2 – cont. “Senior Moment” Segment
DEMENTIA HELP CENTER w/ Kae Hammond re: President & Founder; 495 Town Center Way, 44 Ste., B, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– DISCUSSION of how to help patients w/ dementia function socially.
– 7 out of 10 family care-givers will develop a chronic condition or actually die before the patient. Very difficult for a care-giver to watch this deterioration. AND this decline can go on FOR YEARS.
– Dementia Help Center is certified as facilitators.
– REPORT on “THRIVE” a FREE a support group for Dementia Family Caregivers. Usually meets 1st and 3rd Wed., of every month @ 10 AM. Hosted by “The Fountains @ the Carlotta”. Call for details.
– DISCUSSION of the fact that just because someone has dementia, does not mean they can’t perform some social, personal functions. Very individual. Depending on the progression of the disease.
– DISCUSSION on how aware or not an individual w/ dementia may be. Individual can “pick up” the vibrations around them.
– REPORT on the term “show time”; how a patient will summon all their energy to seem “normal” in a situation. Causes a feeling of isolation.