Restaurant of the Week/Books & Authors Segment – November 2, 2019
09:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week/Books & Authors Segment
“PEAKS” w/ John Fritch re: 1 Tram Way, Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– Two restaurants @ the Top of the Tram; Pines Café and Peaks.
– DISCUSSION of the great menu @ Pines Café. Change up the menu frequently.
– DISCUSSION of new menu for Peaks. i.e. Colorado Rack of Lamb. More “hearty” offerings for winter. And new cocktails.
– 7 days a week; plus all banquets and special events.
– REPORT on ordering 6 days a week to keep everything fresh.
– REPORT on the snow guessing contest now and how to enter on the website.
– #1 Tourist attraction in the Coachella Valley.
– Won #8 IN THE WORLD for Cliffside dining restaurants from Architectural Digest Magazine.
– Reservations requested for Peaks. Bring a jacket. 40 degrees cooler than the Desert floor.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS w/ Andy Cahan re: “The Most Famous Musician You’ve Never Heard Of”.
– DISCUSSION of his career in this 300 page biography w/ over 2,000 photos. Will be out by the end of the year.
– DISCUSSION of all the incredible stars/musicians he performed with. AMAZING STORIES!!!!
– He plays piano, guitar, bass and drums.
– 46 years w/ The Turtles etc.
– REPORT on his performances here in the Desert w/ “Andy’s Gang”.