Museum Segment – July 6, 2019
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 3 – Museum Segment
PALM SPRINGS AIR MUSEUM w/ Ann Greer re: 745 N. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– TOMORROW is the last day of their “Happy Birthday Week” w/ cards made by children.
– TODAY is the viewing of Lt. Col. Robert J. Friend until 5 PM in the Miles Hanger.
– TOMORROW services for Lt. Col. Robert J. Friend @ 11 AM.
– He was featured in the movie “Red Tails”.
– TODAY is “open cockpit” in the Spitfire.
– NOW Coachella Valley Controlled Cockpit group is making balsa wood model airplanes.
– Open 7 days a week, 10 AM to 5 PM.
– Gift shop is open w/out admission to the Museum of 86,000 sq. feet of climate controlled space.
MUSEUM OF ANCIENT WONDERS w/ Alberto Acosta re: Wants to establish a permanent museum w/ room for traveling exhibitions.
– Looking for a 20,000 sq. foot building to house this museum.
– DISCUSSION of where his exhibitions have been.
– DISCUSSION of how important preserving these wonders is to future generations.
– Alberto has 370 Artifacts from the Ancient World, looking for a permanent home.