“Go Green” Segment – April 6, 2019
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – “Go Green” Segment
DESERT WATER AGENCY w/ Xochilt Pena re: She’s the outreach specialist @ 1200 S. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92264.
– DISCUSSION of the repairs needed and going on under the streets of Palm Springs.
– DISCUSSION that DWA is exploring a transition from at-large elections to division elections. Two public hearing about this. 4/15 in D.H.S. and 4/16 in Palm Springs. Details and three draft maps are on the website.
– DISCUSSION of the Sierra snowpack and it’s impact on us.
– DISCUSSION of how to report water waste. You can report and remain anonymous either by phone or on the website.
– Smart Controllers from DWA have rebates. Senses when it WILL RAIN and shuts off the sprinklers by itself. Can be operated from your cell phone.
– Rebates on toilets are back. www.dwa.org/rebates.
– Rebates for car washes w/ coupons on the website.
– DISCUSSION of the Turf “by-back” program. Rebates if you get rid of grass and put in desert landscaping. $1. Per sq. foot up to 1500 sq. feet. Artificial turf qualifies for desert landscape also.