September 30, 2017
City of Palm Springs/R.O.T.W. Segments
CITY OF PALM SPRINGS
Mayor Robert Moon
The State of the City i.e.
– The State of the City was a Chamber sponsored event.
– Downtown has great things going on.
– Some of the challenges are – vacation rentals, homelessness, and the budget/pension issues.
– The Kempton will be presented to the public in Nov.,
– 8 new restaurants.
– 1200 new parking places from the City and 800 from the Tribe.
– We have 44 neighborhoods.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
– HOLD THE DATE: Oct., 28/29 – Big Halloween Party
– Available for catering your special event.
– Open 7 days a week, lunch and dinner
– Great bar menu where you can say “you ate (8) for (4) $9 (9)
5th Sat., Arts/Artists/DWA/Animal Segment
JUST FABULOUS BOOKS
10 years in business. Celebrity authors and book signings. Nov., 18 – “Natasha” by Natalie Wood’s daughter. Dec.,2 – “Miss D (Bette Davis) and Me”;
CA. DESERT ARTS
Oct., 12 – “Big Strategies and Real Tatics for Connecting Artists, Audience, and Place” @ UCR P.D. from 8:30 AM – 5 PM. $75. Discussion about what this valley could be.
– All current art/artists events re: his calendar.
LOVING ALL ANIMALS
– Nov., 2, 8th Annual “Spay-ghetti and No Balls” fundraiser @ the P.S. Air Museum. 5 PM – 8 PM. $45. pre-sale and $50. @ the door.
– Need for donated items
DESERT WATER AGENCY
– Can get paid for taking out your grass and putting in desert landscape.
– Free sprinklers from DWA.
– Discount car wash coupons w/ re-cycled water from DWA @ 3 car wash places. Airport, Green Clean, and Quick Wash.
– Smart Controller from DWA.
– Now – accepting applications to the “Water Counts” Academy in partnership w/ UCR-P.D. Series of 3 evening classes and a tour.
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Business/Finance/The Wheel 5th Sat., Segments
Dennis Van Buskirk
– Update on insurance issues caused by recent hurricanes. Flood damages vs wind damages.
– Coachella Valley has several flood areas.
– Earthquake insurance must be in place for 20 – 30 days before a claim.
– When you travel to a second home your insurance rates will change for your cars that you leave here.
– When you pay cash for a home, you are not required to have insurance.
– Need for volunteers. He is the volunteer coordinator.
– The newly remodeled Palm Springs store.
– 1st Thurs. is 50% off all men’s donated items.
– 1st Fri. is 50% off all women’s donated items.
PALM SPRINGS AERIAL TRAM
Over 630,000 paid visitors last year.
– Maintenance is going on now to check all aspects of the tram…i.e. counterweight cables, put in new power lines, many cosmetic details.
– The P.S. Aerial Tram is actually its own city. Self-sufficient community.