June 17, 2017
R.O.T.W./P.S.I.F.F./Life Coaching Segments
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
George and Paris Kessinger
– Their “Walk of Stars” party the last Friday of each month. Open to everyone. – Father’s Day offerings. – 6/24 – Allison Annalora “Just Call Me Diva” show w/ guests Carol and Keesha. – Entertainment every night. Drag shows, – Breakfast each day starting @ 9 AM. Open every day. – w/ Azul blue martini and margarita. – Fri. and Sat., D.J. from 4 to 8 PM. – Transforming to “old Hollywood” decor. Trying to expand back patio.
P.S.I.F.F. FESTIVAL OF SHORT FILMS
Lili Rodriguez, Festival Director
Runs June 20 – 26, 2017. From over 4200 submissions, they will be screening 338 films @ the Camelot Theater over 7 days from 60 countries. Range from 40 minutes to 3 minutes in length.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
A.J.’s On The Green. Entertainment schedule that is almost always FREE. It’s a “watering hole” for celebrities. Will be open all summer. Calls his Date Palm Country Club location “Mid Century Mobile”. Sunday Brunch for 2 more weeks. www.ajsonthegreen.com
Awareness. We want to change, but can’t until we become ‘aware’. Must think outside the box. Can’t see the picture because we are in the frame. Then change requires courage. If it doesn’t “work” after lots of tries, try something else. The importance of fathers in the life of a child/family.
Dennis T. of Thousand Palms, CA.
DESERT OASIS HEALTH CARE
Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: June is Men’s Health Month.
– Tips for being in the heat this summer:
1.) Wear sun glasses and hats.
2.) Best sun tan lotion is “Equate” @ Walmart. Remember the tops of your ears.
3.) Drink 8 ounces of water every 20 minutes.
4.) Keep a charged cell phone w/ you.
– 40% of all prescriptions are NEVER filled. Because of the costs.
The pros and cons of the “ring” home security system. Who owns it during a divorce. Can cover the lense, but still have the audio. The fact that it’s private property doesn’t hold true, since folks have an expectation of privacy. The issues surrounding spousal and child support cases and how they change going forward.
PALM SPRINGS HOME TEAM
Brandon Holland and Conrad Miller
– Conversation about the “art of real estate” and the “art of fine living” and how they guide their clients in both directions.
– The success of their recent home sales.
– Need for homes to sell. Their ability to guide their clients toward great designers/decorators.
– There is an expectation of privileged information shared between realtor and client. Buyer vs Seller representation clouds this.
– Mystery house.
Jay L. of Indio, CA.
EMERSON AND FARRAR
Pearl is the stone of the month. How they are cultured, harvested, strung, etc., Peacock cultured pearls are from Tahiti – $9,000. White cultured pearls are from Australia – $38,000.
CA. DESERT ARTS COUNCIL
The four aspects of this fabulous non-profit CA. Desert Arts Council
– Cultural tourism
– Business/professional aspects
They intend to develop a regional strategy for the Arts. Want to hi-lite the hybrid nature of our geography. www.cadesertarts.org
Barbara P. of Palm Springs, CA