September 24, 2016
CAMELOT THEATRE/PALM SPRINGS CULTURAL CENTER
Discussing Cinema Diverse – The P.S. LGBTQ Film Festival. 50 feature films, 60 short films @ the Camelot Theatre and Desert Cinema in C.C.
- Cinema Diverse – The P.S. LGBTQ Film Festival:
- Starting Monday 9/26 – Movies: “Lo Sound Desert”, “Beatles: Eight Days A Week- The Touring Years”; “Mr. Church” & “Hell or High Water”
- 9/27 – “Silver Skies”
- 9/28 – “Judgment @ Nuremberg”
- Palm Springs, Palm Desert & La Quinta Certified Farmer’s Markets return in October.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
Annamarie Mora and Michael Messer
Discussing “The Congo Room and Reef Bar” located at 411 E. Palm Canyon, P.S. Entertainment every day; happy hour all day; open 7 days a week from 8 AM to close; Latin, Hawaiian, Italian and American food.
DESERT ROSE PLAYHOUSE
Opening its 5th Season. “Poz” (directed by Jim Strait) playing from 9/30 thru 10/23 in it’s West Coast Premier. The Valley’s only LGBT themed theater. Tix $32 – $35.
OSCAR’S CAFE AND BAR
James “Gypsy” Haauk
- Sun – Tea Dance Disco
- Mon starting 10/3 – Kal David, Blues & BBQ
- Wed – Oscar’s IDOL, ALL TALENT welcome (singers, musicians, comics, variety) – $150 weekly prize, $500 semi finals prize (1st one on 11/16) and $1,500 finals prize 9/20/17 – sign up on Oscar’s Facebook page or call. All contestants get 2 free drinks and a free appetizer. No minimum/cover for audience. Producer Dan Gore has a real audience meter to decide the winner.
- Thurs – Sat: Carnival Cabaret w/Gypsy – Celebrity Female Impersonation Dinner Show, 2 for 1 if you mention “Joey English Show” – phone orders ONLY, call 505-FUN-SHOW.
Pantira W. of Palm Springs
Medical/ROTW/ Palm Springs Style Segment
EISENHOWER MEDICAL CENTER
Allison Mayer Sachs, MSW, CS, OSW-C, Dir. of the Community Outreach & Cancer Support Services, Lucy Curci Cancer Center
- Wednesdays, Noon to 1:15 PM “Breast Cancer Information Support Group” w/lunch (call (760) 834-3798)
- Tuesday Oct., 28, 4 to 5 PM “The 3D Buzz: Emerging Technologies in Breast Cancer Detection” (call (760) 423-4855)
- Wednesday Oct., 19, 5:30 to 7 PM “Breast Reconstruction: Get the Facts” w/dinner (call (760) 834-3798)
- Wednesday Oct., 26, Noon to 1:15 PM “The latest Info. on Breast Cancer Prevention Detection and Treatment Options” w/lunch (call (760) 834-3798)
- ALL FREE EVENTS for Breast Cancer Awareness Month
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
Paris Kessinger and Jersey Shore
Discussing “Alibi Azul” celebrating Jersey’s 1 year anniversary Sunday Sept. 25 @ noon. Shows every night, all free!!!!
PALM SPRINGS HOME TEAM
Discussing defining P.S. “Style”. Our mid-century style we are known for; the different types of homes people want here in Palm Springs. Helping people “set the stage” for selling their house if they don’t know their own style.
Kids/Pets Giveaway winner:
Louise C. of Palm Springs
House/Garden/Real Estate/Social Media Segment
Report on P.S. Real Estate: 433 homes closed escrow this summer in Palm Springs alone; “Mystery Lot” $235,000. for 2 lots for sale in Palm Springs. Need for listings…..sellers market now. www.bradysandahl.com
RAWLINGS CUSTOM CONSTRUCTION, INC.
All purpose builder. More small and middle class homes being built. Industry starting to recover from the 2008 dip. Lots of remodeling, commercial, construction. Found an historic home in Palm Springs w/”wedge” nails, crystal doorknobs. Any size job, wine cellar to garage doors. Now remodeling Riccio’s into an American Sports Bar.
Wants to help enhance the living experience for her clients. She’s a problem solver. She’ll do anything from pest control to parties. She’s a licensed general contractor too. Wrote a special program to track homes for absentee owners and what/when to check, stock and clean.
His company has perfected the ability to help people w/any size business to communicate thru social media. Have drone airplanes to photograph projects and products. Creating virtual tours of projects and products. Using videos to promote business. First in the Valley to do animated things. Does “augmented reality”. Does story boards etc. Ask for Kellie Kennedy.
Elizabeth R. of Palm Desert