Hour 1 Seg 2 – Arts/Restaurant of the Week Segment
SPA CITY ART SHOW & SALE
Janice Gough, Art Foundation of Desert Hot Springs
– 4/23 – 29, 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM – Art Show and Sale @ newly renovated Aqua Soleil Hotel, 14500 Palm Dr., D.H.S, where you get 15% off anything in the Restaurant if you go to the Art Show.
– Free admission. 10 artists of all different styles – artwork, jewelry, cards, etc.
– 100% of profits go to the artists.
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
Dick Shalhoub re: McDonalds
– Uber-eats, mobile ordering and all the new innovations, upgrades and changes.
– Focusing on nutritional upgrades etc.,
– Now customers can choose countless choices of $1, $2, and $3 Dollar Menu items including McChicken, McCafe and Happy Meal.
– Now serving FRESH, never frozen ¼ lb. hamburgers!!!
– Shalhoub Management owns 32 McDonalds.
Hour 1 Seg 3 – Animal Segment
LOVING ALL ANIMALS
– Feral Cats; Also called “Community Cats”, are cats out in the wild. FREE program to trap these cats, spay, neuter, microchip them, give them basic vaccines and then return them to their area. Breed more often than domesticated cats.
– Kitten Season; NOW!!!! As Snowbirds leave the Valley there are lots of deserted cats because folks believe cats can suddenly survive in the wild….
– Foster Parents; Food, toys, etc., are provided while you foster the animal. Usually have to foster until a kitten is weaned and taught to use a litter box. When we have Foster Parents we don’t have to build animal shelters.
Hour 2 Seg 1 – “Senior Moment”/Forest Lawn Segment
– Report on recent Salvation Army’s Veterans Expo @ Fairgrounds that Forest Lawn sponsored. They did a “gallery of heroes” tribute w/ photos of “then” and “now” pictures and a description.
– Veteran’s Benefits upon death. A complimentary flag, military honors (gun salute, flag detail), burial @ Riverside National Cemetery, casket or cremation space.
– HOLD THE DATE: 5/28 – Memorial Day Service @ Forest Lawn – Cathedral City @ 10:30 AM. Speakers, Armed Forces Medley, a bugler, release of doves, ice cream, etc., Arrive early, no reservations.
– You can find graves of folks buried @ Forest Lawn on their website.
– Forest Lawn also provides the carnations for the air drop over @ the Palm Springs Air Museum.
– Discussion of the benefits or not, of military service.
Hour 2 Seg 2 – “Senior Moment”/Family Hospice Care Segment
FAMILY HOSPICE CARE
Dr. Howard Cohen
– Seniors become more dehydrated, stay in more because of the heat, don’t eat correctly, etc.,
– Requirements for Hospice Care….1. Must be evaluated by a hospice professional. 2. Must have a terminal illness w/ a life expectancy of 6 months or less. 3. Hospice is paid by Medicare.
– Best to keep patients in their regular routine, regular discipline and comfort zone, so hospice accomplishes that.
– Unfortunately patients sometimes fight going into hospice because they think it means immediate death, but folks can be discharged from hospice if they improve.
Hour 2 Seg 3 – “Senior Moment”/Family Hospice Care Segment
FAMILY HOSPICE CARE
Dr. Howard Cohen
– Two kinds of hospice patients…those WITH cancer and those WITHOUT.
– Patients can “opt” in and out of hospice @ their will. “Capacity” comes into play in these decisions.
– End of Life Options Act (EOLA) passed June 9, 2016 in CA. To end your own life you must 1. Have a verbal conversation w/ your doctor. 2. Get a second opinion, that you have the capacity to make this decision and to administer the medication yourself. 3. Go back to primary doctor within 14 days, get a written request w/ 2 witnesses….then your primary Dr. will write the prescription that will end your life. Then the medication is in your own home and you can take it when/if you wish. Called physician-assisted death, not suicide.
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 1 – Neuro Vitality Center Segment
THE NEURO VITALITY CENTER
Bev Greer, the Executive Director re:
– Been in existence 40 years, with total budget support coming from the community.
– Need for volunteers, lots of opportunity to share your own talents etc.,
– The only facility of it’s kind IN THE WORLD!!! An ambulatory center. Sun Dial bus has a door to door service.
– Shop @ the Jackie Lee Thrift Shot on the premises.
– 4/20 – City of Palm Desert designated that date as Neuro Vitality Center Day.
– 4/20 – “A Night In Tuscany” 40th Anniversary Celebration @ the Center, 5 – 8 PM, 2800 E. Alejo, P.S. Italian Feast, Silent Auction, Entertainment w/ award-winning Italian Classic Vocalist Gerald Colucci. $40. Ticket price.
Hour 3 Seg 2 – Desert Regional Medical Center Segment
DESERT REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
Dr. Mehrdad Asgeri
– Mehrdad means “Gift of a Son, one who is truly passionate. Asgeri means “soldier” in Persian.
– His specialty is gastroenterology.
– He has a new technique to examine the pancreas in an out-patient procedure w/ a very small probe to see the pancreas w/ an ultrasound technology that goes down through the throat. NON-INVASIVE.
– High risk patients for pancreatic cancer should have this procedure every 2 to 3 years. Family history comes into play here, etc.,
– 4/18 – His FREE talk “OH MY ACHING STOMACH”… How Stress Affects Your Digestion @ the Stergios Building @ D.R.M.C. from 10 AM to 11 AM. How big and small stresses affect your digestive system…Q. and A. w/ Dr. Asgeri.
– Tips to avoid stomach ulcers – take ONLY Tylenol, all other pain remedies are hurtful to many other organs and can cause ulcers.
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Hour 3 Seg 3 – AirMedCare Network Segment
AIRMEDCARE NETWORK & REACH AIR MEDICAL SERVICES
– Your local air ambulance membership provider offering life-saving services to communities across the United States.
– Emergent “Life or Limb” membership. Reach Helicopter transport. $65./yr., for entire household.
– “Fly U Home” membership. Jet transport to your primary residence w/ all necessary medical personnel and family members on board too. $149/yr., for entire household.
– Smart to buy both programs for $199./yr.
– Starts w/ a 911 call and 911 will dispatch Reach Air to you.
– A ‘scene’ call is a car accident, an ATV accident, etc., activated by a 911 call and then they would call Reach Air.
– Entire household means kids away @ college, renters, guests etc.,
– 4/22 – Get your questions answered @ Murrieta Firefighters 71st Tri-Tip BBQ @ Murrieta Community Center.