Joey English Desert Datebook – August 19
Joey English Desert Datebook
Presented by the City of Palm Springs
www.palmspringsca.gov and (760) 323-8299
– 8/21, 9:30 AM – Solar Eclipse Viewing Party @ PS Public Library. Bring lawn chairs & telescopes.
– 6 cooling centers are being offered this summer throughout P.S.: LGBT Community Center, Demuth Community Center, P.S. Leisure Center, Desert Highland Unity Center, P.S. & Welwood Murray Public Libraries.
– The P.S. Fire Dept., is recommending hikers take extra precautions during this summer including starting early, hiking w/ a buddy, covering up, staying hydrated, bringing snacks, remembering to rest, taking your charged cell phone and most importantly, knowing the signs of heat stroke.
– City Hall TV facilities, the Council Chamber & Large Conference Room @ City Hall are undergoing audio/visual upgrades. All City Council & the majority of Board and Commission meetings will be hel @ the P.S. Convention Center through Sept., this year.
– Hop on the FREE Palm Springs BUZZ trolley Thursdays through Sundays, looping from Smoketree to Via Escuela, 11 AM – 1 AM. Visit www.buzzps.com for information about the Perk Card & download the app for your smartphone.
– Have these numbers handy: Code Compliance Hotline (760) 778-8464 & Graffiti Hotline (760) 778-8299
– Be a “Water Watchdog” – download the FREE Palm Springs @ Your Service app and report water wasters. Help reduce water usage by 25%
REPORT ON A.C.T. TOURS
– A.C.T. Tours’ new brochure of 2018 vacations (w/ Joey on the cover) is out & posted on our website, listing over two dozen exciting tours & cruises. You can also pick up one @ A.C.T.’s office in P.S. or we will be ahppy to mail one to you. Visit the website for detailed information www.act-tours.com and call (760) 322-1247
REPORT ON CA. DESERT ARTS COUNCIL
– On our website, search for jobs in the arts, calls for artists, & artist residencies, and other opportunities for creative professionals.
– We are the sum of our experiences. Support the arts by seeing live music & theater or visiting a gallery or museum. An investment in the region’s creative economy is an investment in its long-term growth & vitality, as well as an investment in your own enjoyment & enrichment of life. www.cadesertarts.org
REPORT ON THE PALM SPRINGS CULTURAL CENTER/CAMELOT THEATRE
– Movies: “Step”, “The Trip to Spain”, “Breaking Point”, “The Big Sick”, “The Ornithologist”, “A Very Sordid Wedding”, & “Hush Hush Sweet Charlott”
– Also, TONIGHT, 8/19 – “A.I. Artificial Intelligence”,
– 8/20- “E.T, the Extra-Terrestrial”
– 8/21- “American Beauty”
– 8/22- “The Letter
– 8/23- “Starman”
– 8/24- “Animal Kingdom”
– Certified Farmers’ Market – @ P.S. Pavilion & @ Westfield Mall. www.camelottheatres.com and (760) 325-6565
REPORT ON DESERT WATER AGENCY
– Did you know that the groundwater under our feet belongs to us and our neighbors? Public water agencies get it to you.
– DWA customers can get new efficient sprinkler nozzles by visiting www.freesprinlernozzles.com.
– Thinking about getting a new four-legged friend? The dog days of summer are perfect for adoption from DWA’s partner P.S. Animal Shelter. Visit www.dwa.org
AZUL – THE NEW COLOR OF PALM SPRINGS
– TOMORROW: 8/20 – Disco Drag Brunch
– 8/21 – Charity Bingo benefiting P.S. Hot Rodeo
– Breakfast served daily, 10 AM – 1 PM.
Never a cover charge.
Try the Joey English Cobb Salad. www.alibiazul.com
REPORT ON L-A-L-O VISIONS
– Connect w/ loved ones, preview your future @ Casa Del Monte in Yucca Valley, when Lalo Tachiquin – the “Psychic to the Psychics” presents you w/ an intimate 90-minute reading. Only 25 minutes from Palm Springs. You’ll never get a better value for $65. Answers to your questions are waiting. Details can be found on Lalo’s website. www.lalovisions.com and (760) 401-1810
REPORT ON LOVING ALL ANIMALS
– Visit Loving All Animals Shoppe on San Pablo in Palm Desert. Mon. – Sat., 9 AM – 5 PM and Sun., 10 AM – 5 PM.
REPORT ON MC CALLUM MOMENTS
– McCallum Theatre Education is currently accepting registrations from local teachers for the 2017 – 2018 Field Trip Series ft., 10 performances. Sept., – May
– 2017 – 2018 Season Subscriptions on Sale www.mccallumtheater.com and (760) 340-ARTS
REPORT ON NESTEGGG GROUP
One of the most involved philanthropic financial groups in the Coachella Valley, but did you know that NESTEGGG GROUP can service all your financial needs too, with the same care, expertise and dedication they give to their charitable endeavors? Accounting, life insurance and tax preparation….to name just a few. www.nesteggg.com
REPORT ON THE P.S. AERIAL TRAMWAY
– 8/21, 8 AM – Solar eclipse viewing party. Solar filter telescope and viewing passes provided by the State Park.
– Sat.’s & Sun.’s thru Labor Day, 11 AM & 1:30 PM – FREE guided nature walks. www.pstramway.com
REPORT ON THE P.S. ART MUSEUM
– In Palm Springs thru 9/3 – Artist as Muse & thru 9/25 – John McLaughlin: The Tamarind Prints & thru 12/23 – Making it Modern.
– In Palm Springs @ A + D Center – Opening 9/9 – Albert Frey & Lina Bo Bardi: “A Search for living Architecture” FREE admission – all days, all times
– In Palm Desert @ the Galen and Faye Sarkowsky Sculpture Garden thru 10/17 – “Pat Lasch: Journeys of the Heart”. FREE admission – all days, all times. www.psmuseum.org and (760) 322-4800
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS GAY MEN’S CHORUS
– Come sing w/ us!! The Chorus will be holding auditions 8/29, 7 PM @ the Mizell Senior Center. For more info & to submit a reservation go to www.PSGMC.com and (760) 219-2077
REPORT ON TOWN CENTER COMPOUNDING PHARMACY
– Wed., Topic Talks – 8/23 – Juice Cures”
– Free Precision DNA medicine w/ Dr. Ray Henderson www.facebook.com/towncentercompoundingpharmacy and (760) 341-3984
– SAVE THE DATE – 8/31, 4 PM – alkaline Water Demo