Joey English Desert Datebook – January 18, 2020
Joey English Desert Datebook
Presented by the City of Palm Springs
www.palmspringsca.gov and (760) 323-8299
- January 20th, 6P: “All Paws on Deck” Dog Park Community Meeting @ the Palm Springs Pavilion
- 1/29, 5:30P: City Council Homelessness and Affordable Housing Community Forum Regarding $10 Million State Grant @ Palm Springs Convention Center
- 2/10, 3P: Human Rights Commission’s Annual Community Service Awards @ City Hall
- The FREE Palm Springs BUZZ trolley now runs Thursdays through Saturdays, Noon to 10 p.m., looping from Smoketree through downtown to Via Escuela every 20 minutes. Visit www.sunline.org/buzzisback for more information.
REPORT ON A.C.T. TOURS IN PALM SPRINGS www.act-tours.com
- Now is the time to sign up for winter day tours! What local company has the most interesting excursions? A.C.T. Tours, a Palm Springs based operator, which also offers exciting international vacations. Visit A.C.T.’s website, act-tours.com, and call them today @ 322-1247.
REPORT ON COYOTE STAGEWORKS – PALM SPRINGS www.coyotestageworks.org
- Main stage production: February 7– 16, 9 performances – A Doll’s House, Part 2, by Lucas Hnath @ Palm Springs Cultural Center – Tickets on sale NOW!
- Sunday, February 23rd @ 2pm: The Barbara Keller Play Date Series – FREE – Gruesome Playground Injuries by Rajiv Joseph @ The Palm Springs Cultural Center
REPORT ON DESERT WATER AGENCY www.dwa.org
- DWA has new & easier rebates to help people save water and money.
- Incentives include $250. On efficient washing machines and $2. Per square foot for front & backyard grass removal.
- Applications are simple to fill out. Log on to www.dwa.org/rebates.
REPORT ON L-A-L-O VISIONS www.lalovisions.com
- What does your future have in store for you? Lalo Tachiquin, Psychic to the Psychics, has the answers you seek. Let Lalo be your personal spiritual advisor. 98% of those who have readings with him return for follow-ups! Phone Lalo at 401-1810, and visit his website lalovisions.com. That’s 401-1810.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS AERIAL TRAMWAY www.pstramway.com
- Annual passes are a great way to enjoy the Tram as often as you’d like.
- Extended hours for Martin Luther King Holiday Weekend.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS ART MUSEUM www.psmuseum.org
- In Palm Springs: Alexander Girard: A Designer’s Universe exhibition now open and Gerald Clarke: Falling Rock exhibition opens January 18th
- In Palm Springs @ A+D Center: Jim Isermann. Copy. Pattern. Repeat. exhibition opens January 25th
- In Palm Desert @ The Galen & Faye Sarkowsky Sculpture Garden: Imaging Change: History, Memory, and Social Justice photography exhibition now open
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS CULTURAL CENTER/CAMELOT THEATRES www.psculturalcenter.org
- Movies: Little Women & Les Miserables
- Certified Farmers’ Markets – Sat’s in Palm Springs, Sun’s in La Quinta, & Wed’s in Palm Desert