Joey English Desert Datebook – April 22
Joey English Desert Datebook
Presented by the City of Palm Springs
www.palmspringsca.gov and (760) 323-8299
– TOMORROW: 4/23: 2 PM: Palm Springs Historic Site Preservation Board presents Architecture & Social Diversity in P.S. symposium @ P.S. Convention Center.
– Hop on the FREE Palm Springs BUZZ trolley Thursdays through Sundays, looping from Smoketree to Via Escuela, 11 AM – 1 AM. Visit www.buzzps.com for information about the Perk Card & download the app for your smartphone.
– Have these numbers handy: Code Compliance Hotline (760) 778-8464 & Graffiti Hotline (760) 778-8299
– Be a “Water Watchdog” – download the FREE Palm Springs @ Your Service app and report water wasters. Help reduce water usage by 25%
REPORT ON UPCOMING EVENTS:
– REPORT ON A.C.T. TOURS – A.C.T. Travel keeps selling out its tours! Cuba for $1695. sold out. Fiji, Australia, New Zealand for $2,995. sold out. Best of China, filled to capacity. BUT A.C.T. is still taking reservations for its Chamber-sponsored Broadway tour in August, only $1,995!!! and for Kenya’s Great Migration and other super vacations. Visit the website for detailed information www.act-tours.com and (760) 322-1247
– REPORT ON THE CAMELOT THEATRE
- Now showing: “Their Finest”, “The Zookeeper’s Wife”, “A Very Sordid Wedding”.
- 4/26 – “Murder on the Orient Express”
- ON SALE NOW, 5/5: An Evening w/ David Sedaris
- SAVE THE DATE, 5/11 – 14 “Arthur Lyons Film Noir Festival”
- Certified Farmers’ Market – Sat’s in Palm Springs, Sun’s in La Quinta and Wed’s in Palm Desert. www.camelottheatres.com and (760) 325-6565
REPORT ON UPCOMING EVENTS:
- Is your car in need of a bath? Visit dwa.org/coupons to get recycled water car wash discounts.
- Are you looking for some more entertainment after The Joey English Show? Search YouTube for ‘Desert Water Agency’.
- When you turn on the tap, DWA is there. Reliability. Quality. Service.
- Visit www.dwa.org
– AZUL – THE NEW COLOR OF PALM SPRINGS – Thank you for the closing day cast party for Southern Baptist Sissies.
- TONIGHT: 4/22: 7:30 PM “Just Call Me Diva” starring Allison Annalora
- TOMORROW 4/23: Noon: Disco Drag Brunch with Jersey Shore
- 4/26, 7:30 PM – Tues. night Cabaret.
- 4/28, 5 PM: Walk of Stars Happy Hour Mixer with complimentary snacks.
- 4/29, 7:30 PM: ICONS of Palm Springs
NEVER A COVER CHARGE. Breakfast served daily from 10 AM to 1 PM.
Try the Joey English Cobb Salad. www.alibiazul.com
– REPORT ON L-A-L-O VISIONS
-Socrates said “Know thyself” & no one does that better than Lalo Tachiquin, “Psychic to the Psychics”. For only $65. his 90-minute readings reveal insight into your personal life & what is in store for your future. Visit Lalo’s web site for all the details. www.lalovisions.com and (760) 401-1810
– REPORT ON LOVING ALL ANIMALS
- SAVE THE DATE: – Now Open!!! Loving All Animals Shoppe on San Pablo in Palm Desert. Mon. – Sat., 9 AM – 5 PM and Sun., 10 AM – 5 PM.
– REPORT ON MC CALLUM MOMENTS
- TONIGHT; 4/22 – Kristin Chenoweth
- 4/27 – 30: College of the Desert presents “A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum”
- 5/12 – 18: 2017 Springtime Theatre Tour to New York, which includes 4 Broadway productions. www.mccallumtheater.com and (760) 340-ARTS
– REPORT ON NEST EGGG GROUP
We welcome to the JEDD one of the most involved philanthropic financial groups in the Coachella Valley, but did you know that NESTEGGG GROUP can service all your financial needs too, with the same care, expertise and dedication they give to their charitable endeavors? Accounting, life insurance and tax preparation….to name just a few. www.nesteggg.com
– REPORT ON THE P.S. AERIAL TRAMWAY
- – SAVE THE DATE: Celebrate Mom @ 8,500 feet!!! Take her for a day at the Top of the Tram. www.pstramway.com
- – REPORT ON THE P.S. ART MUSEUM
- In Palm Springs thru 4/30 – “ALIVE!!!” installation by Jeffrey Gibson for the inaugural presentation of “Desert X” & thru 5/28 – “Women of Abstract Expressionism” and thru 7/31 “Montgomery Meets Moderniam: Two Americas” & thru 9/4 – “Western Stories” and also, “Grass Roots: Native American Basketry of the West”.
- In Palm Springs @ A + D thru 5/25 – “On the Grid”; a look @ settlement patterns in the high desert, FREE admission – all days, all times
- In Palm Desert @ the Galen and Faye Sarkowsky Sculpture Garden thru 10/17 – “Pat Lasch: Journeys of the Heart”. FREE admission – all days, all times. www.psmuseum.org and (760) 322-4800
– REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS GAY MEN’S CHORUS
- – TONIGHT & TOMORROW: Great seats are still available for “P.S. Pops” 4/22 & 23 starring Keisha D & Charles Herrera.
- The Chorus’ concerts will be performed in the completely renovated Richards Center for the Performing Arts @ the Palm Springs High School. www.PSGMC.com and (760) 219-2077
– REPORT ON TOWN CENTER COMPOUNDING PHARMACY