Joey English Desert Datebook – August 17, 2019
Joey English Desert Datebook
Presented by the City of Palm Springs
www.palmspringsca.gov and (760) 323-8299
- The FREE Palm Springs BUZZ trolley now runs Thursdays through Saturdays, Noon to 10 p.m., looping from Smoketree through downtown to Via Escuela every 20 minutes. Visit www.sunline.org/buzzisbackfor more information.
REPORT ON A.C.T. TOURS IN PALM SPRINGS www.act-tours.com
- A.C.T.’s new 2020 brochure is out and is full of vacation bargains! A.C.T. is a wholesale seller of travel based in Palm Springs, and if saving money and taking unique tours and cruises is of interest to you, call their office today @ (760) 322-1247 and ask for their new brochure. Visit the website, @ www.act-tours.com, for a full menu of both international programs and day excursions.
REPORT ON COYOTE STAGEWORKS – PALM SPRINGS www.coyotestageworks.org
- The Barbara Keller Play Dates Series. Presented @ the P.S. Cultural Center (FREE admission).
- Thursday 8.22 @ 2 PM – “Killjoy” by Jerry Mayer.
- Thursday 9.26 @ 2 PM – “The Niceties” by Eleanor Burgess.
- Sunday 10.20 @ 2 PM – “A Walk in the Woods” by Lee Blessing.
REPORT ON THE DESERT SYMPHONY www.thedesertsymphony.org
- All tickets for the 2019 – 2020 Season are NOW on sale @ their “Pre-season price”.
- Michael Andrew’s Holiday Concert, Tusk: The Music of Fleetwood Mac, The Music of the Carpenters, The Texas Tenors, and Home Again: The Music of Carole King.
- For best selection of seats & shows, NOW is the time to purchase your tickets by calling the McCallum Theatre @ (760) 340-ARTS or visiting www.desertsymphony.org.
REPORT ON DESERT WATER AGENCY www.dwa.org
- DWA offers rebates and incentives to help you save water and money.
- Did you know each gallon of tap water delivered straight to your home costs about two-tenths of one penny?
- DWA’s summer Pipeline Replacement Project fixes some of the oldest and leakiest pipes in the system. Keep an eye out for construction.
REPORT ON L-A-L-O VISIONS www.lalovisions.com
- Let Lalo Tachiquin be your spiritual advisor and save $25. On readings now through August!!! Just mention that you heard about his psychic gift on the Joey English radio show!!! That’s right, this summer “Joey Pals” can have a 90-minute reading for only $70. By phoning (760) 409-1810 and tell him JOEY SENT YOU!!
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS AERIAL TRAMWAY www.pstramway.com
- Summer Passes for the Tram remain on sale. Unlimited tram rides through August 31stand more!!!
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS ART MUSEUM www.psmuseum.org
- In Palm Springs: thru 12/15, – “Brave New Worlds: Explorations of Space” exhibition, “Shaping Vision: Impressionism to Abstract Expressionism” exhibition, and Film Series “Celebrating the Summer of ‘69”
- In Palm Desert @ The Galen & Faye Sarkowsky Sculpture Gardens: thru 10/20, – “Shoulder to Shoulder: Depicting the Figure” exhibition
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS CULTURAL CENTER/CAMELOT THEATRES www.psculturalcenter.org
- “David Crosby: Remember My Name”, Once Upon A Time in Hollywood”, and “Where’d You’d Go Bernadette”.
- 8/21, 7 PM: Marilyn Monroe’s “Let’s Make Love”.
- Saturdays, NOW – 8/31: “Harry Potter and the Skeleton Key” Summer.
- Sundays, 6 PM, NOW – 9/1: “The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel” Summer Series.
- Certified Farmers’ Markets – Sat’s in Palm Springs inside the PS Pavilion thru September.