Joey English Desert Datebook – March 6, 2021
Joey English Desert Datebook
Presented by the City of Palm Springs
www.palmspringsca.gov and (760) 323-8299
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; DAP Health Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
- Palm Springs Disposal Services is working with businesses to reduce monthly waste collection fees because of COVID-19 slowdowns.
- Mon – Thu, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., Fri & Sat, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.: “Library-A-Go-Go” contactless pickup service at the Palm Springs Public Library. Visit www.pslibrary.org for details.
- New COVID-19 Financial Aid Hotline is now available to assist local businesses. Call 760-323-8273 seven days a week.
- New Sustainability Scholarships up to $750 are available for local Palm Springs businesses and homeowners can get a $100 rebate for conducting a home energy assessment. For details visit www.yoursustainablecity.com
REPORT ON A.C.T. TOURS IN PALM SPRINGS www.act-tours.com
- Three things make A.C.T. Tours unique in the world of travel:
- 1) The Palm Springs-based company has offered fun, educational vacations both in the USA and around the world for over 45 years;
- 2) Each A.C.T. program is customized and, being a tour operator rather than a travel agency, offers destinations no one else can; and
- 3) A.C.T.’s low prices are unbeatable.
- A.C.T. Tours is OPEN for business!
- Visit act-tours.com for more information; that’s act-tours.com.”
REPORT ON BONES ‘N SCONES www.bonesnscones.com
- We’re changing the look of our stores in anticipation of another new and innovative program to feed your pets in a healthy creative way. Stop by and see the updated look while we answer your questions!
- Don’t forget you have options in addition to in-store shopping, we offer curbside pick-up and local delivery.
- Bring your pet into our stores and we will create a meal plan that meets both nutritional needs and your budget.
- If you are afraid you may have to surrender your beloved pet due to financial concerns (can’t afford food) please stop by any of our stores and we will help.
REPORT ON DESERT WATER AGENCY www.dwa.org
- Need help paying your water bill? Go to www.dwa.org/H2O. Qualifying customers can get $100 a year.
- Need help keeping the kids busy and learning? Check out DWA’s Water Education page at www.dwa.org/learn.
- DWA hosts monthly webinars on a variety of topics. Go to www.dwa.org/virtual to view previous webinars or sign up for the latest one.
REPORT ON JUST FABULOUS www.bjustfabulous.com
- Tense Watches – The original wood watches. Handmade of sustainably sourced reclaimed wood in Canada.
- Japanese or Swiss Movement. Lightweight. Scratch-Resistant Sapphire Crystal.
- 2 Year Warranty. Sold Exclusively in Palm Springs at Just Fabulous!
REPORT ON L-A-L-O VISIONS www.lalovisions.com
- Lalo Tachiquin is an amazing spiritualist and medium that specializes in connecting people with their angels and deceased loved ones.
- His readings are reasonably priced and appointments can be made by phoning him at 401-1810.
- Visit Lalo’s website for more information, lalovisions.com. That’s lalovisions.com.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS AERIAL TRAMWAY www.pstramway.com
- The Tramway is now open Thursday through Monday. Advance ticket purchase only by visiting pstramway.com.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS ART MUSEUM www.psmuseum.org
- Palm Springs Art Museum’s main location in downtown as well as its Architecture and Design Center are currently closed.
- The outdoor Faye Sarkowsky Sculpture Garden in Palm Desert is now open to the public everyday from sunrise to sunset.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS CULTURAL CENTER/CAMELOT THEATRES www.psculturalcenter.org
- A Palm Springs Desert Classic returns to the outdoor screen: PRISCILLA: QUEEN OF THE DESERT- relive the costumes, the comedy, the music, and the heart. Screening tonight at the Palm Springs Cultural Center Drive-In Experience.
- Sample of taste of French Cinema online and experience Lincoln Center’s RENDEZ-VOUS: Four French films available at a locals only price of $9.00. This festival event is available for a limited time only.
- Tour the streets of Turkey and follow the lives of three stray dogs in the new award-winning documentary STRAY screening Friday, March 12th only at the Palm Springs Cultural Center Drive-In Experience.