Joey English Desert Datebook – February 16, 2019
Joey English Desert Datebook
Presented by the City of Palm Springs
www.palmspringsca.gov and (760) 323-8299
- Black History Month events in Palm Springs
- 2/16, 10A: Adult Basketball @ Desert Highland Unity Center
- 2/23: 11A: 32ndAnnual Black History Parade along Palm Canyon followed by Town Fair, Noon-6P @ Frances Stevens Park
REPORT ON A.C.T. TOURS IN PALM SPRINGS www.act-tours.com
- Five dreamy days in Puerto Vallarta during May at an all-inclusive resortis A.C.T. Tours’ latest offering, and do they mean all-inclusive! Transfers from the desert to LAX, non-stop flights to and from Puerto Vallarta, all meals and open bar at Hotel Riu Vallarta Beach Resort, and much more for only $995! Phone A.C.T. at 322-1247,or visit the company’s websiteact-tours.comfor more information.
REPORT ON COYOTE STAGEWORKS – PALM SPRINGS www.coyotestageworks.org
- Tenth Anniversary season @ Palm Springs Art Museum’s Annenberg Theatre
- 3/22 – 31: “Greater Tuna” by Jaston Williams, Joe Sears, and Ed Howard. This popular play about a small Texas town is the production Coyote StageWorks first mounted ten years ago.
REPORT ON THE DESERT SYMPHONY www.thedesertsymphony.org
- Presented thru the generosity of the Auen Foundation. www.auenfoundation.org
- Single tickets are now on sale @ The McCallum Theatre for the Desert Symphony’s 2018-2019 30th Anniversary Season.
- Three More Concerts in the Pops Series – John Mueller’s Winter Dance Party, Matthew Morrison & Big Band Broadway w/Debbie Gravitte.
REPORT ON DESERT WATER AGENCY www.dwa.org
- DWA offers rebates and incentives to help you save water and money.
- Did you know each gallon of tap water delivered straight to your home costs about two-tenths of one penny?
- Desert Water Agency is led by a board of elected community members that meet on the first and third Tuesday of the month. Meetings are open to the public.
REPORT ON L-A-L-O VISIONS www.lalovisions.com
- Lalo Tachiquin,the desert’s renowned spiritual advisor,is offering personal readings at his office in Yucca Valley, a mere 25-minute drive from Palm Springs. Join the many celebrities and local residents who have connected with loved ones and who have glimpsed their futures through this gifted psychic. Lalo Tachiquin can be reached by phoning 401-1810, or by visiting his website lalovisions.com.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS AERIAL TRAMWAY www.pstramway.com
- The Tram is closed indefinitely after the recent rainstorm washed out Tramway Road. Visit www.pstramway.comfor details.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS ART MUSEUM www.psmuseum.org
- In Palm Springs: thru 2/27/19 – Photography from the Permanent Collection: Luis González Palma, thru 3/31/19 – Favorite Things: Glass from the Collection of Arlene and Harold Schnitzer, thru 4/30/19– Unsettled: Art on the New Frontier & thru 8/11/19 – Lines in the Sand. Free admission Thursdays, Noon-8P. & Free Second Sundays.
- In Palm Desert @ The Galen & Faye Sarkowsky Sculpture Garden – thru 9/15/19 Shoulder to Shoulder: Depicting the Figure
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS CULTURAL CENTER/CAMELOT THEATRES www.psculturalcenter.org
- NOW thru 2/24: Modernism Week: Architecture Art Design Film Festival
- Certified Farmers’ Markets – Sat’s in Palm Springs, Sun’s in La Quinta, & Wed’s in Palm Desert