Joey English Desert Datebook – July 22
Joey English Desert Datebook
Presented by the City of Palm Springs
www.palmspringsca.gov and (760) 323-8299
– 6 cooling centers are being offered this summer throughout P.S.: LGBT Community Center, Demuth Community Center, P.S. Leisure Center, Desert Highland Unity Center, P.S. & Welwood Murray Public Libraries.
– The P.S. Fire Dept. is recommending hikers take extra precautions during this summer including starting early, hiking w/ a buddy, covering up, staying hydrated, bringing snacks, remembering to rest, taking your charged cell phone and most importantly, knowing the signs of heat stroke.
– City Hall TV facilities, the Council Chamber & Large Conference Room @ City Hall are undergoing audio/visual upgrades. All City Council & the majority of Board and Commission meetings will be held @ the P.S. Convention Center through Sept., this year.
– Hop on the FREE Palm Springs BUZZ trolley Thursdays through Sundays, looping from Smoketree to Via Escuela, 11 AM – 1 AM. Visit www.buzzps.com for information about the Perk Card & download the app for your smartphone.
– Have these numbers handy: Code Compliance Hotline (760) 778-8464 & Graffiti Hotline (760) 778-8299
– Be a “Water Watchdog” – download the FREE Palm Springs @ Your Service app and report water wasters. Help reduce water usage by 25%
REPORT ON A.C.T. TOURS
– 7/25 – See a rollicking salute to the best girl bands of the 50’s & 60’s in “Poodle Skirts & Bobbi Sox” @ the new Civic Center in Huntington Beach. Live performances of music from the Shirelles, Petula Clark, the Chiffons & others.
– 7/26 – See the amazing Pageant of the Maters in Laguna Beach where humans replicate famous artwork on stage. View the spectacle in preferred Main Tier Center seats. Visit the website for detailed information www.act-tours.com and call (760) 322-1247
REPORT ON CA. DESERT ARTS COUNCIL
Plan an artful summer: We offer itineraries & ideas for amazing & enriching experiences.
– We invite artists & art professionals to check out jobs in the arts, calls for artists, & artist residencies.
– We are the sum of our experiences. Support the arts by seeing live music & theater or visiting a gallery or museum. An investment in the region’s creative economy is an investment in its long-term growth & vitality, as well as an investment in your own enjoyment & enrichment of life. www.cadesertarts.org
REPORT ON THE PALM SPRINGS CULTURAL CENTER/CAMELOT THEATRE
– Movies: “13 Minutes”, “Dunkirk”, “Maudie”, “A Very Sordid Wedding”, The Last Great Circus Flyer”, “The Story of Billy Hayes” & “Turkey”.
– Also, TONIGHT, 7/22: – “The Secret World of Arrietty”
– 7/23: – “Rear Window” & “Strangers on a Train”.
– 7/25: – “Bad Day @ Black Rock”
– 7/26: – “Murder by Death”.
– 7/27: – “Last Detail”
– Certified Farmers’ Market – @ P.S. Pavilion & @ Westfield Mall. www.camelottheatres.com and (760) 325-6565
REPORT ON DESERT WATER AGENCY
– Did you know that the groundwater under our feet belongs to us and our neighbors? Public water agencies get it to you.
– DWA customers can get new efficient sprinkler nozzles by visiting www.freesprinlernozzles.com.
– Thinking about getting a new four-legged friend? The dog days of summer are perfect for adoption from DWA’s partner P.S. Animal Shelter. Visit www.dwa.org
AZUL – THE NEW COLOR OF PALM SPRINGS
– TOMORROW: 7/23: Noon: Disco Drag Brunch
– 7/25: 7:30 PM – Tues. night Cabaret.
– Breakfast served daily, 10 AM – 1 PM.
Never a cover charge.
Try the Joey English Cobb Salad. www.alibiazul.com
REPORT ON L-A-L-O VISIONS
– Lalo Tachiquin, “Psychic-to-the psychics” is doing readings all summer @ his office in nearby Yucca Valley for only $65. Conect w/ your loved ones, learn about your future & walk away amazed after your 90-minute reading. It’s the halfway point of the year – What does the rest of 2017 hold in store for you? Visit Lalo’s web site for all the details. www.lalovisions.com and (760) 401-1810
REPORT ON LOVING ALL ANIMALS
– Visit Loving All Animals Shoppe on San Pablo in Palm Desert. Mon. – Sat., 9 AM – 5 PM and Sun., 10 AM – 5 PM.
REPORT ON MC CALLUM MOMENTS
– 2017 – 2018 Season Subscriptions on Sale www.mccallumtheater.com and (760) 340-ARTS
REPORT ON NEST EGGG GROUP
One of the most involved philanthropic financial groups in the Coachella Valley, but did you know that NESTEGGG GROUP can service all your financial needs too, with the same care, expertise and dedication they give to their charitable endeavors? Accounting, life insurance, and tax preparation….to name just a few. www.nesteggg.com
REPORT ON THE P.S. AERIAL TRAMWAY
– NOW thru 7/31: Tramway Military Days.
– Sat’s & Sun’s thru Labor Day, 11 AM & 1:30 PM – FREE guided nature walks. www.pstramway.com
REPORT ON THE P.S. ART MUSEUM
– In Palm Springs, 7/24 – 28: Museum Art Camp for kids, 5 to 12, w/ artistic journeys & hands-on projects.
– and thru 7/31 “Montgomery Meets Modernism: Two Americas” & thru 9/4 – “Western Stories” and also, “Grass Roots: Native American Basketry of the West”.
– In Palm Springs @ A + D 7/6 thru 8/6 – Summer Lab: community workshops, design exercises, concepts & idea sharing for the planned Downtown P.S. Park, FREE admission – all days, all times
– In Palm Desert @ the Galen and Faye Sarkowsky Sculpture Garden thru 10/17 – “Pat Lasch: Journeys of the Heart”. FREE admission – all days, all times. www.psmuseum.org and (760) 322-4800
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS GAY MEN’S CHORUS
– Come sing w/ us!! The Chorus will be holding auditions 8/29, 7 PM @ the Mizell Senior Center. For more info & to submit a reservation go to www.PSGMC.com and (760) 219-2077
REPORT ON TOWN CENTER COMPOUNDING PHARMACY
– Free Precision DNA medicine w/ Dr. Ray Henderson www.facebook.com/towncentercompoundingpharmacy and (760) 341-3984