Joey English Desert Datebook – June 24
Joey English Desert Datebook
Presented by the City of Palm Springs
www.palmspringsca.gov and (760) 323-8299
– New website www.pshelpforhomeless.com
– The P.S. Fire Dept. is recommending hikers take extra precautions during this summer including starting early, hiking w/ a buddy, covering up, staying hydrated, bringing snacks, remembering to rest, taking your charged cell phone and most importantly, knowing the signs of heat stroke.
– 5 cooling centers are being offered this summer throughout P.S.: Demuth Community Center, P.S. Leisure Center, Desert Highland Unity Center, P.S. & Welwood Murray Public Libraries.
– The City’s Vacation Rental Compliance Office has a new hotline phone number. (760) 322-8383. Call to report non-emergencies, disturbances & other issues. Visit www.PSVacationRentalCompliance.com for more info.
– City Hall TV facilities, the Council Chamber & Large Conference Room @ City Hall are undergoing audio/visual upgrades. All City Council & the majority of Board and Commission meetings will be held @ the P.S. Convention Center through Sept., this year.
– Hop on the FREE Palm Springs BUZZ trolley Thursdays through Sundays, looping from Smoketree to Via Escuela, 11 AM – 1 AM. Visit www.buzzps.com for information about the Perk Card & download the app for your smartphone.
– Have these numbers handy: Code Compliance Hotline (760) 778-8464 & Graffiti Hotline (760) 778-8299
– Be a “Water Watchdog” – download the FREE Palm Springs @ Your Service app and report water wasters. Help reduce water usage by 25%
REPORT ON A.C.T. TOURS
– 7/5: Travel Club of the Desert in Palm Desert. It’s time for the annual ice cream social!!! Music, travel talk, prizes & all the ice cream you can eat — it’s fun & best of all, it’s FREE!!! Meet people who share your passion for travel, both tours & cruises. Visit the website for detailed information www.act-tours.com and call (760) 322-1247
REPORT ON CA. DESERT ARTS COUNCIL
– Plan an artful summer: We offer itineraries & ideas for amazing & enriching experiences.
SAVE THE DATE: 7/20: A salon in Cathedral City to help artists & arts organizations find & prepare to apply for grants. www.cadesertarts.org
REPORT ON THE PALM SPRINGS CULTURAL CENTER/CAMELOT THEATRE
– Now thru 6/26: Palm Springs International ShortFest
– Certified Farmers’ Market – @ P.S. Pavilion & @ Westfield Mall. www.camelottheatres.com and (760) 325-6565
REPORT ON DESERT WATER AGENCY
– Did you know that the groundwater under our feet belongs to us and our neighbors? Public water agencies get it to you.
– DWA customers can get new efficient sprinkler nozzles by visiting www.freesprinlernozzles.com.
– Thinking about getting a new four-legged friend? The dog days of summer are perfect for adoption from DWA’s partner P.S. Animal Shelter. Visit www.dwa.org
AZUL – THE NEW COLOR OF PALM SPRINGS
– TOMORROW: 6/26: Noon: Disco Drag Brunch
– 6/27: 7:30 PM – Tues. night Cabaret.
– Breakfast served daily, 10 AM – 1 PM.
Never a cover charge.
Try the Joey English Cobb Salad. www.alibiazul.com
REPORT ON L-A-L-O VISIONS
– Lalo Tachiquin, “Psychic-to-the psychics” is doing readings all summer @ his office in nearby Yucca Valley for only $65. Co next w/ your loved ones, learn about your future & walk away amazed after your 90-minute reading. It’s the halfway point of the year – What does the rest of 2017 hold in store for you? Visit Lalo’s website for all the details. www.lalovisions.com and (760) 401-1810
REPORT ON LOVING ALL ANIMALS
– SAVE THE DATE: Pets On Parade 2017 7/16 Luncheon @ the Omni Rancho Las Palmas in Rancho Mirage.
– Visit Loving All Animals Shoppe on San Pablo in Palm Desert. Mon. – Sat., 9 AM – 5 PM and Sun., 10 AM – 5 PM.
REPORT ON MC CALLUM MOMENTS
– 2017 – 2018 Season Subscriptions on Sale www.mccallumtheater.com and (760) 340-ARTS
REPORT ON NEST EGGG GROUP. One of the most involved philanthropic financial groups in the Coachella Valley, but did you know that NESTEGGG GROUP can service all your financial needs too, with the same care, expertise and dedication they give to their charitable endeavors? Accounting, life insurance, and tax preparation….to name just a few. www.nesteggg.com
REPORT ON THE P.S. AERIAL TRAMWAY
– 7/3 & 5: Extended hours for Independence Day Weekend.
– 7/1 – 31: Tramway Military Days. www.pstramway.com
REPORT ON THE P.S. ART MUSEUM
– In Palm Springs thru 7/31 “Montgomery Meets Modernism: Two Americas” & thru 9/4 – “Western Stories” and also, “Grass Roots: Native American Basketry of the West”.
– In Palm Springs @ A + D thru 6/26 – “On the Grid”; a look @ settlement patterns in the high desert, FREE admission – all days, all times
– In Palm Desert @ the Galen and Faye Sarkowsky Sculpture Garden thru 10/17 – “Pat Lasch: Journeys of the Heart”. FREE admission – all days, all times. www.psmuseum.org and (760) 322-4800
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS GAY MEN’S CHORUS – Visit the website to find a variety of ways you can support the Chorus www.PSGMC.com and (760) 219-2077
REPORT ON TOWN CENTER COMPOUNDING PHARMACY
– Wednesday “Topic Talks” – 6/27, 1 PM: Again, they didn’t report a topic.
– 6/29, 4 PM: Alkaline Water Demo
– Free Precision DNA Medicine w/ Dr. Ray Henderson www.facebook.com/towncentercompoundingpharmacy and (760) 341-3984