Joey English Desert Datebook – October 13, 2018
Joey English Desert Datebook
Presented by the City of Palm Springs
www.palmspringsca.gov and (760) 323-8299
- PS Public Arts Commission 30thAnniversary Celebration kicks off with two FREE events
- 10/14, 10A – 2P: Art is Here Block Party @ on Museum Way in downtown Palm Springs
REPORT ON A.C.T. TOURS IN PALM SPRINGS www.act-tours.com
- Adult Customized Tours–A.C.T.–began 25 years ago with the name Adult School Travel, under the auspices of the Palm Springs Unified School District. Since that time, A.C.T. Tours–now a private corporation–has taken more than 10,000 happy people around the world. Visit A.C.T.’s website for a menu of tours, both here and abroad; or phone 322-1247 for more information.
REPORT ON COYOTE STAGEWORKS – PALM SPRINGS www.coyotestageworks.org
- Tenth Anniversary season @ Palm Springs Art Museum’s Annenberg Theatre
- 11/2 – 11: “The Understudy” by Theresa Rebeck, from the creator of the TV show SMASH, a hilarious comedy about life in the theater.
- 2/1 – 10: “Honky Tonk Laundry” by Roger Bean, a new musical from the creator of “The Andrews Brothers.”
- 3/22 – 31: “Greater Tuna” by Jaston Williams, Joe Sears, and Ed Howard. This popular play about a small Texas town is the production Coyote StageWorks first mounted ten years ago.
REPORT ON THE DESERT SYMPHONY www.thedesertsymphony.org
- Presented thru the generosity of the Auen Foundation. www.auenfoundation.org
- SAVE THE DATE: 11/9 – Celebrate Co-Founder, Marilyn Benachowski’s 90the Birthday @ Acqua California Bistro in Rancho Mirage, $150 to support Children’s Music Discovery Series. Call the Desert Symphony office for an invitation. (760) 773-5966.
- Single tickets are now on sale @ The McCallum Theatre for the Desert Symphony’s 2018-2019 30th Anniversary Season.
- Five Concerts in the Pops Series – Opening night is 12/6 with Symphonic Springsteen, The Music of Sinatra w/Michael Andrew, John Mueller’s Winter Dance Party, Matthew Morrison & Big Band Broadway w/Debbie Gravitte.
REPORT ON DESERT WATER AGENCY www.dwa.org
- DWA offers rebates and incentives to help you save water and money.
- Did you know each gallon of tap water delivered straight to your home costs about two-tenths of one penny?
- If you’re planning to overseed your grass, do it efficiently. Tips at www.dwa.org/overseeding.
REPORT ON L-A-L-O VISIONS www.lalovisions.com
- What does the future hold for you? Would you like to connect with your angels? Lalo Tachiquin, “Psychic to the Psychic” now offers detailed, 90-minute readings at spectacular Casa del Monte, his spiritual retreat in Yucca Valleyoverlooking Joshua Tree National Park. Phone Lalo at 401-1810, and visit his website.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS AERIAL TRAMWAY www.pstramway.com
- SAVE THE DATE FOR THESE EVENTS!
- 10/20: Inaugural Tramway Winemaker Dinner. $99 inclusive. Call 760-325-1449 for tickets.
- 10/27: 33rdAnnual Tram Road Challenge. Visit kleinclarksports.comto register.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS ART MUSEUM www.psmuseum.org
- FREE admission Thursdays from Noon to 8 PM & FREE Second Sundays
- In Palm Springs – thru 8/11/19 – Lines in the Sand
- In Palm Springs @ A + D Center thru 1/14/19 – SCRAPS: Fashion, Textiles, & Creative Reuse
- In Palm Desert @ The Galen & Faye Sarkowsky Sculpture Garden thru 11/25 – Journey Through the Desert – The Road Less Traveled, FREE admission – all days, all times
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS CULTURAL CENTER/CAMELOT THEATRES www.psculturalcenter.org
- Movies: The Song of Sway Lake, Desert Coffee, and The Last Suit
- 10/13, 6P: The Filmmakers’ Gallery presents Hush Up Sweet Charlotte w/ special guests, Director Billy Clift and the cast!
- Certified Farmers’ Markets – Sat’s in Palm Springs, Sun’s in La Quinta, & Wed’s in Palm Desert