Joey English Desert Datebook – February 18
Presented by the City of Palm Springs
www.palmspringsca.gov and (760) 323-8299
– NOW thru 2/25: 18th Annual City of Palm Springs Juried Art Show @ Desert Art Center
– 2/25: 30th Black History Month Annual Parade along Palm Canyon & Town Fair @ Frances Stevens Park
– NOW thru 2/26: Modernism Week
– NOW thru 2/26: “Fast Forward” exhibit celebrating architect William F. Cody@ P.S. Public Library
– Hop on the FREE Palm Springs BUZZ trolley Thursdays through Sundays, looping from Smoketree to Via Escuela, 11 AM – 1 AM. Visit www.buzzps.com for information about the Perk Card & download the app for your smartphone.
– Have these numbers handy: Code Compliance Hotline (760) 778-8464 & Graffiti Hotline (760) 778-8299
– Be a “Water Watchdog” – download the FREE Palm Springs @ Your Service app and report water wasters. Help reduce water usage by 25%.
REPORT ON UPCOMING EVENTS:
– REPORT ON A.C.T. TOURS – A.C.T. is a wholesale seller of travel & has served the Coachella Valley for over 25 years. More than 15,000 happy vacationers have traveled domestically & abroad w/A.C.T. Tours. Be amazed @ the exotic & familiar destinations featured on the company’s website. At its P.S. office, A.C.T.’s experienced agents await your call. www.act-tours.com and (760) 322-1247
– REPORT ON THE CAMELOT THEATRE:
- Now showing: “The Salesman”, “Toni Erdmann” and “La Land”. 2/27: “The Assumptions”
- Certified Farmers’ ‘Market – Sat in Palm Springs, Sun in La Quinta and Wed in Palm Desert
- www.camelottheatres.com and (760) 325-6565
– REPORT ON DESERT WATER AGENCY
- Is your car in need of a bath? Visit dwa.org/coupons to get recycled water car wash discounts.
- Are you looking for some more entertainment after The Joey English Show? Search YouTube for ‘Desert Water Agency’.
- When you turn on the tap, DWA is there. Reliability. Quality. Service.
- Visit www.dwa.org
– REPORT ON GEORGIE’S ALIBI AZUL –
- TOMORROW: Noon: Disco Drag Brunch w/ Jersey Shore
- 2/21: 7:30 PM – Cabaret w/Georgie & Cherilyn. RESERVE NOW.
- Never a cover charge!
– REPORT ON L-A-L-O VISIONS – Do not, we repeat, do NOT book a spiritual reading w/Lalo Tachiquin, unless you are seeking the truth. Lalo, “Psychic to the Psychics” channels your loved ones who have passed & is renowned for his detailed readings. Ninety per cent of his clients return for more, and so will you!!!! Visit Lalo’s web site for all the details. www.lalovisions.com and (760) 401-1810
– REPORT ON LOVING ALL ANIMALS –
- 2/19: 5th Annual “Faith, Hope & Pups” polo luncheon @ Empire Polo Club in Indio
- 2/24: 5-7 PM: “Yappy Hour” @ Venus de Fido in Palm Desert
– REPORT ON MC CALLUM MOMENTS –
- 2/17 – 19: “Rain” Celebration of the music of the Beetle
- 2/21 – 23: Elvis Lives
- 2/24: Catskills on Broadway
- 2/25: Michael Feinstein: “Isn’t It Romantic”
- 2/26: The 61st Annual Edition of “It’s Magic”
- 5/12 – 18: Springtime Theatre Tour to N.Y. which includes 4 Broadway productions
- www.mccallumtheater.com and (760) 340-ARTS
– REPORT ON NESTEGGG GROUP. We welcome to the JEDD one of the most involved philanthropic financial groups in the Coachella Valley. But did you know that NESTEGGG GROUP can service all your financial needs too, with the same care, expertise and dedication they give to the charitable endeavors? Accounting, life insurance and especially now, tax preparation….to name just a few. www.nesteggg.com
– REPORT ON THE P.S. AERIAL TRAMWAY – Book now for the 3/9 debut performance of “The Ladies Who Sang w/the Follies” @ the Tram’s Pines Cafe Stage. www.pstramway.com
– REPORT ON THE P.S. ART MUSEUM
- In Palm Springs thru 7/31/17 – “Montgomery Meets Modernism”: Two Americas: and thru 9/4/17 – “Western Stories & Grass Roots”: Native American Basketry of the West and thru February – Intertwining the Fabric of Generations, featuring African American artist Faith Ringgold for Black History Month.
- In Palm Springs @ A + D Center thru 2/27/17 – “MetaModern”, FREE admission – all days, all times.
- In Palm Desert @ the Galen thru 3/7/17, “Glass for the New Millennium”; Masterworks from the Kaplan-Ostergaard Collection, FREE admission – all days, all times.
- www.psmuseum.org and (760) 322-4800
– REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS GAY MEN’S CHORUS – 2017 – 2 show spring season or individual tickets are now on sale for “Simply Sondheim” 2/25 & 26 and “P.S. Pops” 4/22 & 23. The Chorus’ concerts will be performed in the completely renovated Richards Center for the Performing Arts @ the Palm Springs High School. www.PSGMC.com and (760) 219-2077
– REPORT ON TOWN CENTER COMPOUNDING PHARMACY
- Wednesday “Topic Talks” – 2/22: Health w/Caring
- Alkaline water demo every Thurs. @ 2 PM
- Free Precision DNA medicine w/Dr. Ray Henderson
- www.facebook.com/towncentercompoundingpharmacy and (760) 341-3984
– 2/22: Israel Guide Dog Center for the Blind luncheon. www.israeliguidedog.org
– 2/22: 4th Annual Congressional Breakfast. Entrepreneur Achievement Award to the Delgado Family. www.scorecv.org
– 2/24: The Unforgettables Foundation 1st Annual Coachella Valley Heart Awards breakfast @ C.V. History Museum in Indio
– 2/25: Jim Cook “Day of Hope for Diabetes” @ EMC www.emc.org/ddc and (760) 773-1578