Joey English Desert Datebook – June 19, 2021
Joey English Desert Datebook
Presented by the City of Palm Springs
www.palmspringsca.gov and (760) 323-8299
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS www.palmspringsca.gov
- Palm Springs Parks and Recreation is pleased to announce it will host one of the most inclusive Fourth of July celebrations in our city’s history — with a series of FREE, fun and patriotic events on Independence Day.
- Fourth of July Water Palooza, 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Victoria Park. Featuring music, water games, FREE hot dogs and snow cones.
- Fourth of July Family Pool Party, 3 p.m. – 9 p.m. Palm Springs Swim Center. Featuring water games, music and great food.
- Fourth of July Independence-Fest and Movie in Sunrise Park, 3 p.m. until credits roll. Featuring, music, games and food. The film, “A League of Their Own,” starring Tom Hanks and Geena Davis starts at dusk.
- Fourth of July Concert and Laser Show at Ruth Hardy Park. Featuring classic rock band DUDE Jones in concert at 6:30 p.m. along with food and games. Laser show kicks off at 9:15 p.m.
REPORT ON A.C.T. TOURS IN PALM SPRINGS www.act-tours.com
- In addition to international vacations, A.C.T Tours is offering desert residents day excursions, and they are selling fast. Visit act-tours.com to review the full menu of all travel programs, or phone its Palm Springs office at 322-1247. It’s time to escape!
REPORT ON DESERT WATER AGENCY www.dwa.org
- Need help paying your water bill? Go to www.dwa.org/H2O to see if you’re eligible for a $200 credit.
- Want to save water and money? Go to www.dwa.org/save and learn about incentives on grass removal, smart controllers and efficient sprinkler heads.
- DWA hosts monthly webinars on a variety of topics. Go to www.dwa.org/virtual to view previous webinars or sign up for the latest one.
REPORT ON JUST FABULOUS www.bjustfabulous.com
- We just received our gorgeous framed print of Rita Hayworth in Gilda – 40 x 50″ framed (30 x 40″ image unframed) priced at $1795; our framed print of “Marilyn Pan Am” in same dimensions and price; and our limited edition of 200 of Cary Grant and Randolph in the pool 40 x 50″ framed priced at $1995.
- We are featuring Urban Apothecary exclusively in the desert, which we import from London – hand poured, mouth blown glass, 100% Soy wax – in a variety of fragrances and sizes.
- Our new exclusive Just Fabulous Palm Springs tshirts for ladies, men and kids have arrived along with our signature baseball caps too.
- Call Just Fabulous at 760.864.1300 for more details.
REPORT ON L-A-L-O VISIONS www.lalovisions.com
- Lalo Tachiquin is an amazing spiritualist and medium that specializes in connecting people with their angels and deceased loved ones.
- His readings are reasonably priced and appointments can be made by phoning him at 401-1810.
- Visit Lalo’s website for more information, lalovisions.com. That’s lalovisions.com.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS AERIAL TRAMWAY www.pstramway.com
- The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway is now open seven days a week. Advance ticket purchase only by visiting pstramway.com.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS ART MUSEUM www.psmuseum.org
- Palm Springs Art Museum is open Thursday-Sunday. Because of reduced capacity, tickets must be secured in advance at psmuseum.org. There are five exhibitions currently on view and a new exhibition featuring work by Robert Longo opens July 1.
- The Architecture and Design Center will reopen in September.
- The outdoor Faye Sarkowsky Sculpture Garden in Palm Desert is now open to the public everyday from sunrise to sunset.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS CULTURAL CENTER/CAMELOT THEATRES www.psculturalcenter.org
- Saturday: Celebrate Juneteenth with a special screening of the award winning film MOONLIGHT at the Palm Springs Cultural Center Drive-In. It’s the last weekend for the season – so, thank you to everyone for coming out and supporting us.
- The Palm Springs Cultural Center is hosting the Palm Springs International Film Festival’s ShortFest this week, June 22 – 28. Look for announcements soon about our exciting, air-conditioned summer programming after the film festival.
- Do you get crazy when the subject of film comes up?! Join our new Facebook Group – Palm Springs Film Fanatics – where crazy is the norm!