Joey English Desert Datebook – February 17, 2018
Joey English Desert Datebook
Presented by the City of Palm Springs
www.palmspringsca.gov and (760) 323-8299
- Mark your calendar for these Black History Month events in P.S.
- TODAY – 2/10, 10:15 AM: Adult Basketball Tournament @ Desert Highland Unity Center
- TOMORROW – 2/11, 2 PM: The Artists & Their Work @ P.S. Art Museum
- 2/24, 11 AM: 31st Annual Black History Parade along Palm Canyon Drive
- 2/24, Noon: Town Fair @ Frances Stevens Park
- The Palm Springs Convention Center expects to save $2 million dollars w/ solar panels being installed, operated & maintained by SolarCity.
- Hop on the FREE Palm Springs BUZZ trolley Thursdays through Sundays, looping from Smoketree to Via Escuela, 11 a.m. – 1 a.m. Visit www.buzzps.com with information about the Perk Card & download the app for your smartphone.
REPORT ON A.C.T. TOURS IN PALM SPRINGS www.act-tours.com
- Visit Lakes Como, Garda, & Maggiore on A.C.T. Tour’s Italian Lake Tour in May!!! Also included are Verona and 3 days in Venice. Most meals, including daily breakfast & dinners, wine & all sightseeing included. $2,995 includes airfare!!!
- Visit A.C.T.’s website for details, or call 322-1247.
AZUL – THE NEW COLOR OF PALM SPRINGS www.alibiazul.com
- TOMORROW, 2/18, 12:30P: Disco Drag Brunch
- Tue, 2/20, 7:30P: Dinner & Show
- Wed, 2/21, 7P: Paint Nite
- Thu, 2/22, 7P: Village Fest
REPORT ON CALIFORNIA DESERT ARTS COUNCIL www.cadesertarts.org
- Search for jobs in the arts, calls for artists, artist residencies, & other opportunities for creative professionals on our website.
- We are the sum of our experiences. Support the arts by seeing live music & theater or by visiting a gallery or museum. An investment in the arts is an investment in your own enrichment & quality of life.
REPORT ON THE DESERT SYMPHONY www.thedesertsymphony.org
- Presented thru the generosity of the Auen Foundation. www.auenfoundation.org
- SAVE THE DATE: 3/15, 8 PM – The Texas Tenors
- Keep up with all the 2017 – 2018 season’s exciting news on our brand new website.
REPORT ON DESERT WATER AGENCY www.dwa.org
- Looking to be more water wise? Visit www.dwa.org/conservation for more information.
- Did you know that almost all of our water comes from deep in the ground?
- Ever notice that the water looks white when it comes out of the tap? Tiny air bubbles disappear in seconds.
REPORT ON L-A-L-O VISIONS www.lalovisions.com
- Connect with your guardian angels & hear what the future has in store for you from Lalo Tachiquin, ‘Psychic to the Psychics.’ His amazing gift will leave you in tears.
- Appointments can be made on Lalo’s website at lalovisions.com, or by phone at 760-401-1810. Call today!
MCCALLUM MOMENTS www.mccallumtheatre.com
- TONIGHT & TOMORROW, 2/17 & 18, ”Dirty Dancing”; The Classic Story on Stage.
- 2/19: Cameron Carpenter & the International Touring Organ
- 2/20: Grits & Glamour: Starring Lorrie Morgan & Pam Tillis
- 2/21: Pasadena Roof Orchestra
- 2/22: One Night of Queen: Performed by Gary Mullen & The Works
- 2/23: Linda Eder
- 2/24: Ms. Lisa Fischer & Grand Baton
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS AERIAL TRAMWAY www.pstramway.com
- SAVE THE DATE, 2/14: Special prix fixe menu at Peaks Restaurant on Valentine’s Day. Make your reservations now for dinner at the top of the Tram with that special someone.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS ART MUSEUM www.psmuseum.org
- In Palm Springs thru 2/27 – Mysteries of the Mesa: The Restoration of William Robinson Leigh’s ‘Thunder Mountain’ & thru 3/5 – No Glass Ceiling! Women Working in Glass & thru 5/28 – Michael Childers: Having a Ball.
- In Palm Springs @ A + D Center thru 6/4 – In Conversation: Alma Allen & J.B. Blunk
- In Palm Desert @ The Galen & Faye Sarkowsky Sculpture Garden thru 3/4 – Bob Van Breda: Lost & Found, FREE admission – all days, all times.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS CULTURAL CENTER/CAMELOT THEATRES www.thepalmspringsculturalcenter.org
- Movies: “Film Stars Don’t Die in Liverpool”, “Tom of Finland”, “Call Me By Your Name”, “Phantom Thread”
- 2/21: “To Sir, With Love”
- 2/22: Out for Laughs presents comic Jimmy James
- Certified Farmers’ Markets – Sat’s in PS, Sun’s in LQ, & Wed’s in PD.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS GAY MEN’S CHORUS www.psgmc.com
- Cruzin’: Haight-Ashbury to Woodstock
- April 6,7, & 8
- Palm Springs Art Museum’s Annenberg Theater
- Call (760) 325-4490
REPORT ON TOWN CENTER COMPOUNDING PHARMACY- www.facebook.com/towncentercompoundingpharmacy
- Health Lecture Series, 2/21, 1P – Chris Beats Cancer: Dr. Valter Longo on the “Fasting Mimicking Diet”