Joey English Desert Datebook – June 15, 2019
Joey English Desert Datebook
Presented by the City of Palm Springs
www.palmspringsca.gov and (760) 323-8299
- The FREE Palm Springs BUZZ trolley now runs Thursdays through Saturdays, Noon to 10 p.m., looping from Smoketree through downtown to Via Escuela every 20 minutes. Visit www.sunline.org/buzzisbackfor more information.
REPORT ON A.C.T. TOURS IN PALM SPRINGS www.act-tours.com
- Vacations to Asia this fall are on sale @ A.C.T. Tours! Starting at just $2595, choose from the ever-popular Best of China; or Bangkok, Bali, and Hong Kong; or Best of India, each including airfare and comprehensive sightseeing. View full itineraries @ www.act-tours.comor call (760) 322-1247 and receive a brochure on our exciting tour of Asia by mail!!!
REPORT ON COYOTE STAGEWORKS – PALM SPRINGS www.coyotestageworks.org
- 7/25: 2 PM: The Barbara Keller Play Reading Series (Formerly Play Dates) – “THE NORMAL HEART” by Larry Kramer @ P.S. Cultural Center/Camelot Theatres.
REPORT ON THE DESERT SYMPHONY www.thedesertsymphony.org
- Presented thru the generosity of the Auen Foundation. www.auenfoundation.org
- All tickets for the 5 shows in the 2019 – 2020 Season are NOW on sale at the McCallum Theatre at their “Pre-season sale”.
- For best selection of seats and shows now is the time to purchase your tickets. They are available by phone at 760-340-ARTS or through The Desert Symphony Web Site at www.desertsymphony.org.
REPORT ON DESERT WATER AGENCY www.dwa.org
- DWA offers rebates and incentives to help you save water and money.
- Did you know each gallon of tap water delivered straight to your home costs about two-tenths of one penny?
- Desert Water Agency is led by a board of elected community members that meet on the first and third Tuesday of the month. Meetings are open to the public.
REPORT ON L-A-L-O VISIONS www.lalovisions.com
- Let Lalo Tachiquin be your spiritual advisor and save $25. On readings now through August!!! Just mention that you heard about his psychic gift on the Joey English radio show!!! That’s right, this summer “Joey Pals” can have a 90-minute reading for only $70. By phoning (760) 409-1810 and tell him JOEY SENT YOU!!
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS AERIAL TRAMWAY www.pstramway.com
- Summer Passes for the Tram are NOW on sale. Unlimited tram rides through August 31stand more!
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS ART MUSEUM www.psmuseum.org
- In Palm Springs: thru 12/15, – “Brave New Worlds”: Explorations of Space and Film Series Celebrating the Summer of ’69, 6/27, 6 PM, “Word is Out”; a documentary on post-Stonewall gays and lesbians
- In Palm Springs @ A+D Center: thru 7/7, – Hugh Kaptur: Organic Desert Architecture
- In Palm Desert @ The Galen & Faye Sarkowsky Sculpture Gardens: thru 10/20, – “Shoulder to Shoulder”; Depicting the Figure
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS CULTURAL CENTER/CAMELOT THEATRES www.psculturalcenter.org
- Movies: “5B”, “Hampstead”, “Echo in the Canyon”, and “Sinatra in Palm Springs”
- 6/18 – 24: 25thAnnual Palm Springs International Short Film Festival and Market
- Certified Farmers’ Markets – Sat’s in Palm Springs, Sun’s in La Quinta, & Wed’s in Palm Desert