Joey English Desert Datebook – September 26, 2020
Joey English Desert Datebook
Presented by the City of Palm Springs
www.palmspringsca.gov and (760) 323-8299
Hello, hello Joey Pals;
Just to remind you, that even though I am doing my best to provide you up-to-date information, please check websites and phone numbers for the latest. Coronavirus Hotlines and Websites: Desert Oasis Healthcare www.mydohc.com (760) 969-6555; Eisenhower Health (760) 837-8988; Desert AIDS Project Triage Clinic (760) 992-0407. Be well and all the best. Blessings, Joey.
- U.S. Census is rolling out citywide Mobile Information Booths to provide residents with information and online assistance in completing their Census questionnaire: TODAY, 9/26 @ Welwood Murray Memorial Library and @ Palm Springs Leisure Center, and 9/28 @ Palm Springs Public Library. To respond to the Census now, visit www.My2020Census.gov.
- The City’s popular tennis and pickleball courts are getting a facelift! Resurfacing at Demuth Park is happening now through October 7thand resurfacing is done at Ruth Hardy Park.
- The City Council has moved forward with a new outdoor “al fresco” dining pilot program that allows restaurants to expand into the street. Parts of Palm Canyon Drive between Baristo Road and Tahquitz Canyon Way have been fully closed to traffic. Restaurants outside that area also have the option to expand outdoor dining onto the sidewalk. The program is in effect until the end of 2020, although it could be extended and expanded.
- Palm Springs residents can access information about the upcoming November 3rdelection, including details about City Council candidates, campaign disclosure reports, information about the City’s five-district voting system and much more by visiting www.VotePalmSprings.com.
REPORT ON A.C.T. TOURS IN PALM SPRINGS www.act-tours.com
- Three things make A.C.T. Tours unique in the world of travel:
- 1) The Palm Springs-based company has offered fun, educational vacations both in the USA and around the world for over 45 years;
- 2) Each A.C.T. program is customized and, being a tour operator rather than a travel agency, offers destinations no one else can; and
- 3) A.C.T.’s low prices are unbeatable.
- A.C.T. Tours is OPEN for business!
- Visit act-tours.com for more information; that’s act-tours.com.”
REPORT ON BONES ‘N SCONES www.bonesnscones.com
- We are open for in person shopping in all of our locations with expanded shopping hours. All locations are open Monday through Saturday, 10 AM to 6 PM and Sundays from 10 AM to 2 PM.
- With the summer heat, keeping your pets properly hydrated is more important than ever. Come let us show you how to add more moisture to your pets diet in ways they will love!
- We understand that times are tough for many in our community. If you are worried that you won’t be able to afford feeding your pets, please come and see us at any of our locations for help. It’s our way of giving back to our community that has supported us for over 20 years.
REPORT ON DESERT WATER AGENCY www.dwa.org
- Need help paying your water bill? Go to www.dwa.org/H2O. Qualifying customers can get $100 a year.
- DWA tests tap water thousands of times a year. Check out DWA’s Water Quality Report at www.dwa.org/wqr.
- Need help keeping the kids busy and learning? Check out DWA’s Water Education page at www.dwa.org/learn.
REPORT ON GARY WHITEHEAD & ASSOCIATES www.sandiegoparalegal.net (858) 705-9270
- NOW through September 30th, all of the following services will be discounted 50%. No exceptions!
- Landlord Evictions, Notary Services, Uncontested Divorce, Child Custody – Adoptions, New Property Deeds,Wills – Simple Will With Power Of Attorney, Revocable Living Trusts, LLC’s – Incorporation’s, Felony/Misdemeanor Expungements, Transfer On Death Deed, Small Claims Document Preparation
- ALWAYS a free confidential consultation!!
REPORT ON JUST FABULOUS www.bjustfabulous.com
- Nest Summer Collection – New Arrival!
- Bright & Refreshing Scents From Our Favorite Brand.
- Coconut & Palm, Pineapple & Driftwood and Island Rain & Sea Glass.
REPORT ON L-A-L-O VISIONS www.lalovisions.com
- Lalo Tachiquin is an amazing spiritualist and medium that specializes in connecting people with their angels and deceased loved ones.
- His readings are reasonably priced and appointments can be made by phoning him at 401-1810.
- Visit Lalo’s website for more information, lalovisions.com. That’s lalovisions.com.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS AERIAL TRAMWAY www.pstramway.com
- The Palm Springs Aerial Tramway is temporarily closed, but did you know the Tram has its own mobile app? It’s free to download at both the App Store and Google Play.
- If you can’t make an actual visit during their closure then enjoy a virtual visit! There are over 50 audio stops, videos, virtual reality experiences and even two live Tram Cams.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS ART MUSEUM www.psmuseum.org
- All three of the museum’s locations, both the main branch and the A + D Center in Palm Springs and The Galen in Palm Desert, are temporarily closed until further notice.
- You may still visit the outdoor Faye Sarkowsky Sculpture Garden.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS CULTURAL CENTER/CAMELOT THEATRES www.psculturalcenter.org
- On Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays: Drive-in Movies!
- New Virtual Cinema Films are added EVERY Friday on our website!
- We are now offering PRIVATE theatre rentals, for groups of no more than 10 people.