Joey English Desert Datebook – June 16, 2018
Joey English Desert Datebook
Presented by the City of Palm Springs
www.palmspringsca.gov and (760) 323-8299
- 6/20, 6PM; Public Hearing about the City Council moving from at-large to district elections @ City Hall. Visit PSDisricts.com for the latest iinfomation.
- Hop on the FREE Palm Springs BUZZ trolley Thursdays through Sundays, looping from Smoketree to Via Escuela, 11 AM – 1 AM. Visit buzzps.com w/ information about the Perk Card & download the app for your smartphone.
REPORT ON A.C.T. TOURS IN PALM SPRINGS www.act-tours.com
- Time to start planning your vacations for next year!!! A.C.T. Tours is offering holidays in Poland, Spain, Asia, Italy, Polynesia, Amsterdam, Antarctica, New England, Africa – all seven continents!!!
- Call 322-1247 for a brochure, or visit A.C.T. Tour’s website for ALL of our vacations and day excursions from the Coachella Valley!
REPORT ON CALIFORNIA DESERT ARTS COUNCIL www.cadesertarts.org
- Search for jobs in the arts, calls for artists, artist residencies, & other opportunities for creative professionals on our website.
- We are the sum of our experiences. Support the arts by seeing live music & theater or by visiting a gallery or museum. An investment in the arts is an investment in your own enrichment & quality of life.
REPORT ON COYOTE STAGEWORKS – PALM SPRINGS www.coyotestageworks.org
- To support Coyote Stageworks and for more information go to the web site.
- SAVE THE DATE; 6/22 – 7/29: “Women Behind Bars”.
REPORT ON THE DESERT SYMPHONY www.thedesertsymphony.org
- Presented thru the generosity of the Auen Foundation. auenfoundation.org
- Single tickets are now on sale @ The McCallum Theatre for the Desert Symphony’s 2018-2019 30th Anniversary Season.
- Five Concerts in the Pops Series – Symphonic Springsteen, The Music of Sinatra w/ Michael Andrew, John Mueller’s Winter Dance Party Matthew Morrison & Big Band Broadway w/ Debbie Gravitte.
REPORT ON DESERT WATER AGENCY www.dwa.org
- DWA offers rebates and incentives to help you save water and money.
- SAVE THE DATE: 7/10, 11 & 12 – Take a workshop and learn more about how DWA can help you save money. Info @ dwa.org/rebates.
- Did you know each gallon of tap water delivered straight to your home costs about two-tenths of one penny?
REPORT ON L-A-L-O VISIONS www.lalovisions.com
- Connect with your guardian angels & hear what the future has in store for you from Lalo Tachiquin, ‘Psychic to the Psychics.’ His amazing gift will leave you in tears.
- Appointments can be made on Lalo’s website at lalovisions.com, or by phone at 760-401-1810. Call today!
MCCALLUM MOMENTS www.mccallumtheatre.com
- 6/20 – 2018 Summer Institute. ‘The Boy Who Could Sing Pictures’ performed by David Gonzales.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS AERIAL TRAMWAY www.pstramway.com
- 6/16 & 17: TODAY & TOMORROW: 2018 Restaurant Week @ Peaks Restaurant. Reduced tram fare after 4 PM w/ advance dinner reservations. Dine in an Alpine forest @ 8,500 feet!
- Summer Passes are now on sale!!! Unlimited tram rides & other money-saving benefits through 8/31. Enjoy a cool summer at the top of the mountain.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS ART MUSEUM www.psmuseum.org
- In Palm Springs – ‘Eight @ Eighty’, celebrating the Museum’s 80th Also @ Annenberg Theater, 7/19 – 9/20: Summer Film Series: A Passion for Fashion.
- In Palm Springs @ A + D Center thru 7/9 – ‘In Conversation: Alma Allen & J.B. Blunk’.
- In Palm Desert @ The Galen & Faye Sarkowsky Sculpture Garden thru 7/29 – Journey Through the Desert – The Road Less Traveled, FREE admission – all days, all times.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS CULTURAL CENTER/CAMELOT THEATRES www.thepalmspringsculturalcenter.org
- Movies: The Seagull, Always at the Carlyle, Sinatra in Palm Springs.
- 6/19 – 25: 24th Palm Springs International Short Film Festival and Market.
- Certified Farmers’ Markets Summer Locations thru September – Sat’s @ PS Pavilion & Sun’s in PD @ Westfield Mall.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS GAY MEN’S CHORUS www.psgmc.com
- The Palm Springs Gay Men’s Chorus would like to thank its supporters for a successful 2017 – 2018 Season.
- Visit our website for more information on how to get involved.