Joey English Desert Datebook – October 12, 2019
Joey English Desert Datebook
Presented by the City of Palm Springs
www.palmspringsca.gov and (760) 323-8299
- The FREE Palm Springs BUZZ trolley now runs Thursdays through Saturdays, Noon to 10 p.m., looping from Smoketree through downtown to Via Escuela every 20 minutes. Visit www.sunline.org/buzzisback for more information.
REPORT ON A.C.T. TOURS IN PALM SPRINGS www.act-tours.com
- A.C.T. Tours has doubled the amount of its fall and winter day excursions. Phone A.C.T. today for a mailed catalog of both domestic and international offerings @ 322-1247, or visit the company’s website act-tours.com. Again, the phone number is 322-1247.
REPORT ON COYOTE STAGEWORKS – PALM SPRINGS www.coyotestageworks.org
- The Barbara Keller Play Dates Series. Presented @ the P.S. Cultural Center (FREE admission).
- Sunday, October 20th @ 2pm – The Unexpected Man by Yasmina Reza, Translation by Christopher Hampton
- Sunday, November 17th @ 2pm – A Walk in the Woods by Lee Blessing
- Sunday, December 15th @ 2pm – Red Speedo by Lucas Hnath
REPORT ON DESERT WATER AGENCY www.dwa.org
- DWA has just launched new & easier rebates to help people save water and money.
- Incentives include $250. On efficient washing machines and $2. Per square foot for front & backyard grass removal.
- Applications are simple to fill out. Log on to www.dwa.org/rebates.
REPORT ON L-A-L-O VISIONS www.lalovisions.com
- Summer is behind us, what does the future hold? Find out w/ a reading from Lalo Tachiquin, your spiritual advisor. His visions are remarkably accurate & are given @ his resident office in Yucca Valley, overlooking Joshua Tree National Park, just 25 minutes from Palm Springs. Visit his website, www.lalovisions.com or phone for an appointment, 401-1810. That’s 401-1810.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS AERIAL TRAMWAY www.pstramway.com
- After its annual maintenance shut-down, the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway has reopened!
- AND, don’t forget that the Tram Road Challenge 6K is Saturday, October 26th. Visit TramRoadChallenge.com for more information and to register.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS ART MUSEUM www.psmuseum.org
- In Palm Springs: thru 12/15, – Brave New Worlds: Explorations of Space exhibition and closing tomorrow, 10/13, Shaping Vision: Impressionism to Abstract Expressionism exhibition.
- In Palm Springs @ A+D Center: thru 12/31, Barbara Stauffacher Solomon. Breaking all the Rules exhibition.
- In Palm Desert @ The Galen & Faye Sarkowsky Sculpture Gardens: thru 10/20, – Shoulder to Shoulder: Depicting the Figure exhibition.
REPORT ON PALM SPRINGS CULTURAL CENTER/CAMELOT THEATRES www.psculturalcenter.org
- Movies: Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice, and Where’s My Roy Cohn
- 10/16: Audrey Hepburn – Love in the Afternoon
- 10/16: Culinary Cinema – Tortilla Soup
- Sundays, 6 PM, NOW – 12/15: The Crown, Seasons 1, 2, & 3. (FREE screenings)
- Certified Farmers’ Markets – Sat’s in Palm Springs, Sun’s in La Quinta, & Wed’s in Palm Desert