Hour 1 Seg 1 – Restaurant of the Week/Fly High Living Segment
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
– 4/26 – Far Niente Wine Dinner, reservations needed $125.
– 5/13: Treat Mom to a beautiful other’s Day Champagne Brunch, $53. Per person, children under 12 are less. Regular menu available in the evening.
– 72-595 El Paseo in Palm Desert.
– Chef Bernard’s style of cuisine is French/Californian.
“FLY HIGH LIVING”
– Fly High Living is a concept from a combination of Laura’s military career, her transition and her current passions.
– I.E. As in “Fly High Living”, Your life is as good/high as your thoughts.
– Reading “Stranger To The Ground” by Richard Bach, when he flew an F-84.
– Here on Earth, we are/should be growing every day….otherwise we are shrinking. If you are still “here” you are not “done”. i.e. story of 2 nuns who left the Order and married after 70 years of age.
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Time Passages/Fly High Living Segment
– Barbara Bush 6/8/1925 – 4/17/2018
CONT. of “FLY HIGH LIVING”
– Like Coachella, our life takes time to succeed.
– 12 week program thru www.Flyhighliving.com that will give you the tools to make a change in your life…”Work w/ Laura”, have a one hour phone session w/ her as well.
Hour 1 Seg 3 – “Fly High Living” Segment
CONT. of “FLY HIGH LIVING”
– Comparison of Coachella Fest, it’s history and preparation to our lives.
– Some challenges to Coachella, right, but isn’t your life a challenge? The dream of Coachella started a long time ago, just as our dreams do.
– It makes a lot of money for the Valley (half a billion in revenue)…lots of exposure to new singers….puts us on the map….Airbnb opportunity….it was a Transition, NOT an overnight success, just as your life is NOT an overnight success.
Hour 2 Seg 1 – Desert Oasis Health Care Segment
Dr. Brian Hodgkins (Doctor of Pharmacology) and Helene LeClair, (V.P. of Network Administration for D.O.H.C.)
– 4 D.O.H.C. Immediate Care Centers: Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Indio and Yucca Valley.
– You can pre-schedule your appointment @ one of the Immediate Care Facility.
– Immediate Cares are open 7 days a week, 8 AM to 8 PM and/or 7 PM on Saturday and Sunday.
– Go to these 4 Immediate Cares for anything that doesn’t require a visit to the Emergency Room….D.O.H.C. has “ER skills w/out the ER bills”. Have ER trained providers @ each of the 4 facilities.
– Discussion of the new applications for Cannabis. Friday (4/20) was National Cannabis Day.
– Discussion of Drug Disposal (Take-back) Day on 4/28. You can put expired drugs in cat litter or coffee grounds and then dispose of them in the general trash. You can drop them off @ the Palm Desert and/or Thermal Sheriff Station from 10 – 2 PM.
Hour 2 Seg 2 – Desert Plastic Surgery Segment
Desert Plastic Surgery
Dr. Rim Marcinkus
– Office, operating facility is on 72-301 Country Club. Most procedures are done on this site.
– Also home of the Desert Hair Institute. Dr. Marcinkus does hair restoration. Trained by Dr. Chambers from Greece. Switched to “micro-mini” hair transplants and a machine “harvests” the hair follicles.
– Due to difference in testosterone levels hair dies in front, but not the back of the scalp in men and women.
– Performs all plastic surgery procedures. Breast augmentation, tummy tucks, lipo-suction, Brazilian butt-lift, etc.,
– Eurolift was invented in Sweden. Facial cosmetic surgery was always done w/ locals then. Here in the U.S. facelifts were done under general anesthetic. The Eurolife is done in the office, in 1 hour, w/ 1 day recovery, w/ decades off your face. 100% success rate w/ the Eurolift.
– Eurolift has 4 parts: face, neck, eyes, foreheads. Depends on what the patient needs. Eurolift is a patented procedure.
– Offices in Rancho Mirage, Las Vegas, Reno, U.K., Dubai.
Hour 2 Seg 3 – Continuation of D.O.H.C. Segment
Continuation of D.O.H.C. Segment
D.O.H.C. is partnered w/ HARC @ the Classic Club 6/7. May 3rd is deadline to enter.
– They are taking 8 paid interns to come stay/work w/ the staff @ D.O.H.C.
– Discussion of what a great place to work D.O.H.C. is. To help the focus w/ cultural, ethical as well as employee wellness and health issues. Job Opportunities are listed on the www.mydohc.com website.
– D.O.H.C. won a survey as being a great place to work.
– “Workplace Wellness” program that they want to share what D.O.H.C. does and to provide wellness programs to YOUR workplace.
– “TELEMEDICINE” where a provider in another city/country can be heard by a doctor here @ D.O.H.C.
– Riverside County needs more doctors. Technology allows us to get the most out of the doctors we have.
– Many technology companies have D.O.H.C. test out these new advances….i.e. “Proteus”
Hour 3 Seg 1 – Fashion and Real Estate Segment
BRADY SANDAHL REAL ESTATE GROUP/KELLER WILLIAMS
– Looking forward to Stagecoach, White Party and the Joey English Extreme Home Makeover/Wheel Spin for NEXT WEEK.
– 125,000 folks come to Coachella.
EMERSON AND FARRAR
Christie Seybert (Ulisky),
– She had a college job @ a jewelry store and just kept @ it. Started 16 years ago. She is the store manager @ the P.S. Emerson and Farrar Store.
– Stone of the month is the diamond. Diamonds come in every color. Most valuable, rare is the RED diamond. Over $1 Million dollars a carat.
– Diamond (in photo) has a 1 carat in the center w/ a halo of natural white diamonds and a halo of pink diamonds. Designed by Paul Emerson. $15,965.
– Time for graduation/wedding gifts.
– Emerson and Farrar are great @ re-designing w/ your old/left-over jewelry. Keeps the sentimental value, but ads your own current style to the piece.
– Pinkie rings take a lot of “abuse”.
– Most popular item seems to be a watch. Bracelets are popular for men and women too. Bracelets are to be “stacked”. “Fashion rings” are “non-marriage” rings and are very popular.
– Engraving is still popular.
– Emerson and Farrar is located @ 125 S. Palm Canyon in an historic building and also has a store in Redlands.
– Closed on Saturdays.
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Books and Authors Segment
“A WILD PROMISE, PRINCE WILLIAM SOUND”
Debbie S. Miller
– Debbie has lived in Alaska for 40 years. Has a passion for writing nature books. Also writes children’s books.
– Alaska is “the last frontier”. Stays dark more of the day in the northern part of the state. You get use to the difference in the time/light/day routine.
– Photos in the book were taken mostly in the summer.
– Table-top book w/ great clear photos. Collaborated w/ photographer Hugh Rose.
– Alaska has the largest number of “tide-water glaciers” in America.
– Published by Braided River who serves to protect wildlife areas.
– 4/23 @ 7 PM – Her book signing @ the Camelot Theatre.
Hour 3 Seg 3 – Real Estate Segment
CONT. W/ BRADY SANDAHL REAL ESTATE GROUP/KELLER-WILLIAMS REAL ESTATE
– People who come to Coachella, StageCoach, White Party etc., DO buy real estate.
– Brady represented us here in Palm Springs to 400 agents in Washington D.C. Brady represents KW Luxury International.
– Southern CA. is considered expensive, but Palm Springs is considered affordable and accessible.
– Palm Springs gets more buyers from inside CA., San Francisco and San Diego, than outside of CA. 70% of our buyers are from CA.
– Real estate market reflects America’s focus on family.
– During the Joey English Extreme Home Makeover/Joey Edition Wheel, Brady will have three Brady Sandahl’s “Mystery Houses” w/ $25. Gift certificates to Azul, the New Color of Palm Springs for the winners.
Hour 1 Seg 1 – Air Museum Segment
PALM SPRINGS AIR MUSEUM
– TODAY: 4/14, P-47 Thunderball “open cockpit” @ 10:30 AM and 12:30 PM. Free w/ regular admission.
– TODAY: 4/14, 1PM – T.V. producer Kirk Ellis “Battling Hollywood”. Free w/ regular admission.
– 4/15: 1:00 PM – “A Moment In Time” when Lambert met Lindberg. Free w/ regular admission.
– (contact info: www.palmspringsairmuseum.org and (760) 778-6262)
– WARING INTERNATIONAL PIANO COMPETITION
– Competition is one year away. Need volunteers and housing for contestants. You get free tickets if you host.
– Competition in a year is for the younger pianists.
– Competition will be held @ the Indian Wells Theater.
– Ap.,1, 2019 – Finals @ the McCallum.