Hour 1 Seg 1 -Restaurant of the Week Segment
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
Debbie Alexander, re: “Peabodys Café and Bar” in Palm Springs.
– Report on the vibes of being downtown Palm Springs during the Season.
– Friday and Saturday night Karaoke.
– Children only participate the first hour.
– Reservations suggested for Karaoke night.
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Life Coaching Segment
“Fly High Living”
Laura Meeks re: Life Coaching
– How does weather impact your psyche/mind/spirit.
– A Therapist worries, a Life Coach says “it’s all in your head.”
– “The Big Valley” …what is your next “hill” to conquer.
– Best work is w/ successful people looking to invest more in themselves and conquer something new.
– A good Life Coach should provide 1.) Perspective and 2.) Provide accountability.
– Her self-help book is “Fly High Living”
– We all “came here” to DO something. Find out what that is. Do the best your can w/ what you’ve got.
– Somewhere in your life span there is a person who is here to help you in your journey.
Hour 1 Seg 3 – Art Segment
INDIAN WELLS ART FESTIVAL
– 3/30 thru 4/1 @ the Indian Wells Tennis Gardens.
– 200 artists participate and over 10,000 folks attend.
– $13. For adults, kids and parking is FREE.
– Art, PLUS, jewelry, sculpture, fashion and music.
Hour 2 Seg 1 – Desert Oasis Health Care Segment
Helene Le Clair
– V.P. of Hospital Administration
All classes @ D.O.H.C.
– National Nutrition Month and National Colo-Rectal Cancer Awareness Month.
– “Age-in” meetings to help you make plans for your health care needs. FREE open to all ages….every Sat., all through the Valley.
– D.O.H.C.’s Immediate Care’s are open every day of the week, open to everyone.
– Immediate Cares are in Palm Springs, Indio, Yucca and Palm Desert.
– She’s the Manager of Health Education @ D.O.H.C. and a registered dietician.
– DIET just means a “pattern of eating”.
– Whole grains have higher fiber content, avoid the breads that are made w/ processed flour, etc.,
– Eat fresh and frozen vegetable and fruits.
– Visit “Health Education” page @ www.mydohc.com.
– Office manager of our gastroenterologist @ D.O.H.C.
– Because it’s Colon Cancer Awareness Month, you should have a colonoscopy.
– Twilight sleep during the procedure.
– Only side affect is a bit of gas.
– Colon cancer 2nd most deadly cancer in both men and women.
– 50 years old, unless you have a family history of colo-rectal cancer. Then every 10 years, unless you have the family history.
– Colo-rectal cancer is very preventable.
Hour 2 Seg 2 – Informatica-Technology Segment
Adrian Sfuentes re: Latest issues.
– The new I-Phone has facial recognition software.
– Don’t respond to Microsoft phone calls, they can be a vehicle to “take over” your computer. DO NOT CALL THEM BACK.
– “Fishing” is another scam….you’re sent an email asking for your user name and a password.
– The little lock symbol on your browser will tell you the website you are on is secure.
– Adrian does “computer sharing” to fix computers.
– PC’s need 1.) anti-virus program and 2.) anti mal-ware software. Apple products already have these.
– Adrian is an Apple Expert as well as fixing all technological issues.
– Your computer should be check regularly depending on the amount of usage you do.
– Your information “syncs into the cloud” better if you leave it on @ night.
Hour 2 Seg 3 – Desert Plastic Surgery Segment
DESERT PLASTIC SURGERY CENTER
– Home of the “Eurolift” which was developed/invented by their Dr. Rim Mrcinkus
– He’s been doing the procedure for 20 years, with 100% satisfaction rate w/ “Eurolift” patients.
– 1 hour procedure, (w/ a local and still breathing on your own) 1 day recovery, (@ your home) and decades off your face.
– Only 2 incisions are made in the “Eurolift”, one in front and one in back of your ear. Can do all areas of the face, neck and chin from these two incisions.
– Dissolving stitches under the skin, some small staples that stay in for a while.
– Men and women can have this procedure.
– Does all traditional plastic surgery as well.
– $500 gift certificate toward an “Eurolift” on the Joey English Extreme Home Makeover Wheel.
Hour 3 Seg 1 – Jewelry Segment
EMERSON AND FARRAR
– Stone of the Month is Aquamarine, from the Beryl family. “Sister” stone to the emerald.
– Aquamarines come from Brazil mostly, some from Africa.
– “A Cool Stone” to wear all year around.
– Putting “heat” to aquamarine makes the stone’s color darker.
– The ring in the photo is $40,100. And is an “homage” to the engagement ring of Lucille Ball.
– The earrings in the photo are $7,000.
– Pearls need to be cleaned regularly. Never get any lotion or hairspray on them.
– At home, take a soft cloth and some Dawn type of dishwashing liquid w/ no alcohol or perfume in it, and wipe them down.
– If it’s been a while, take them to Emerson and Farrar….first they wash them, then they cut the knot between each pearl, then they make sure the openings are clean, then they size them, match them by color and then re-string them.
– Pearls can be cracked or scratched.
– 125 S. Palm Cyn., Drive in Palm Springs.
Hour 3 Seg 2 – Time Passage Segment
– Dr. Stephen Hawking. 1.8.1942 – 3.14.2018
Hour 3 Seg 3 – Fashion Segment
MENTION – Michael Costello re: “Meet and Greet” him and his friends from Project Runway on 3/20 @ the tent for El Paseo Fashion Week, in Palm Desert. Cocktail reception @ 6:30 PM and 8 PM Fashion Show and then his Question and Answer.
J. RUSSELL THE SALON
– Vendors will be visiting the J. Russell, The Salon on the 20th, 21, 22 and 23… NATIONAL representatives of all these vendors will be doing Q and A’s, with free samples, etc.,
– Tues., thru Friday complimentary “express makeup” from Smash Box…but make an appointment.
– Offering special prices when you purchase your beauty products from J. Russell The Salon @ 15% off, w a FREE VIP card. 1.) You can be sure that your products are fresh, etc., 2.) You are supporting your stylist’s education in the latest looks and trends. 3.) When you purchase products your stylist recommends you can be sure they are of the highest quality….not always true when you order on the Internet, and you get to take them home w/ you and also get the instruction on how to use everything.
– El Paseo Fashion week is Mar., 17 – Mar., 24
– Open Mon. from Oct., thru March. Then open Tues., thru Sat.,
– Services for children and youth too.
Continuation of EMERSON AND FARRAR
re: Nina Garcia from Project Runway’s ring on www.emersonandfarrar.com and type in #7041
– Best security/insurance for your jewelry is to have Emerson and Farrar clean it and check the prongs on a regular basis.
– Let Emerson and Farrar re-cycle your older jewelry.
– Remember diamonds scratch diamonds.