R.O.T.W./Revivals/Life Coaching Segments
RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK
“Azul, the New Color of Palm Springs”. New season offerings. 369 N. Palm Cyn.,
– Mondays bingo benefiting Gay Hot Rodeo
– Nov., Pride Parade and Veteran’s Day Parade
– Tuesdays – “Dinner and a Show”
– Wednesdays – Karaoke
– Thursdays – Village Street Fair
– New menu coming this Season. Smoothies, shakes, “basket” items.
– Breakfast offering
“Live the Life You’ll Love” how to build a life you would love to live. Coaching available on the phone and on line. How to find your internal “compass”. How to bring yourself into a “positive state”.
TODAY from 1 – 4 PM DIY Fashion Event. Revivals Stores and CV Art Scene Collaboration. FREE and open to the public.
– Located @ P.S. Fan Club. That’s a cocktail lounge and event space next to Arrive Hotel.
– Can purchase/customize/accessorize items.
– Benefits Desert AIDS Project’s PAWS program.
– Palm Springs Revival Store will re-open soon….hopefully by Labor Day
George C. of Cathedral City, CA
Being V.P. of Network Administration of D.O.H.C.
Being the Director of Nursing @ D.O.H.C. Got her MBA
Being the Service Excellence Specialist for employees @ D.O.H.C. Got her MBA
– discussion of partnership w/ CV Rescue Mission to provide backpacks for children.
– Megan’s award winning “team”.
– Service excellence program for all the employees called the “language of caring”
– Program goes from physicians to patients to line staff.
– All new employees are trained in these new aspects of service @ D.O.H.C.
– D.O.H.C. is graded by several organizations as to their patients satisfaction.
– www.healthcarecompare.com to see how D.O.H.C. compares to other facilities.
– WOW program to reward folks internally and the last week of Sept., is the “Week of Wow”.
– Employee Success Program that they developed and won grand prize from HARC.
– CA. Office of Patient Advocacy lauded D.O.H.C.
– 8/25/17 – Free Flu shots program begins for D.O.H.C. members.
– The “Happy or Not” computer survey @ all Immediate Care Facilities.
– Open enrollment is coming and Medicare Open Enrollment is from Oct., 1 – Dec., 7
Marjorie McC. of Palm Springs, CA
11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Jewelery/Talk of Stars/Football Segments
EMERSON AND FARRAR
Christy Seybert, Office manager for Emerson and Farrar store downtown P.S.
– 6.36 K of Peridot, the birthstone of August and the gift for 15 year wedding anniversaries.
– “Alpa” backs are most secure for earrings.
– Emerson and Farrar will re-open after the summer on Sept., 1
TALK OF STARS/FOOTBALL
Fred “The Hammer” Williamson
Being an “original Raider”. Raiders were originally called “The Oakland Seniores” and that the current team is moving to Las Vegas. (Raiders played an exhibition game in Vegas in 1962 in a cow pasture!!!)
– List of football teams who won’t do so well this coming season.
– Differences in football now re: injuries, salaries, personalities, coaching and leadership. camaraderie and “atta-boy” motivation styles.
– His 80 plus movie career. He writes, stars in and directs most of his movies.
– Sequel of “Original Gangsters”, “Old School Gangsters” is coming.
– Movies “Being Mary Jane” and “Atomic Eden” are coming.
– His new movie “Checkpoint” on Netflix
Mike C. of Joshua Tree, CA