Eisenhower Health Segment – April 27, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 9:00 – 10:00 AM
Seg 1 – Eisenhower Health Segment
EISENHOWER HEALTH w/ Kathy Cash re: BSN, RN, SCRN, MICN and Stroke Co-ordinator @ Eisenhower Health and Lee Rice 17 years as Media Coordinator and Communications Specialist @ Eisenhower Health. 39000 Bob Hope Dr., Rancho Mirage, CA. 92270.
– REPORT that May will be Stroke Awareness Month and Kathy’s history @ EH and her work in the area of stroke and her medical history in general. FANTASTIC!!!
– DISCUSSION of the procedure to treat strokes. Importance of the first 3 hours. “Seen time” @ patient’s house for emergency personnel is 5 minutes. “Code 10” @ EH Code Ten Deck is 10 minutes. (that Kathy developed).
– DISCUSSION of the causes of stroke.
– DISCUSSION of the folks most susceptible to strokes, even pregnant women.
– DISCUSSION of prevention of stroke. i.e. Exercise, don’t smoke, check your blood pressure, cut out stress, watch your weight, etc.
– REPORT that you need to call 911 immediately. DON’T WAIT. Time = brain.
– (contact info: www.eisenhowerhealth.org and 340-3911).