Palm Springs International Airport Segment – March 30, 2022
5:00 – 6:00 AM and 9:00 – 10:00 AM
Seg 3 – Palm Springs International Airport Segment
PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT w/ Daniel Meier re: Deputy Director of Aviation, Marketing & Air Service @ Palm Springs International Airport.
– DISCUSSION of the fact that you must get to the airport early due to long lines.
– DISCUSSION of Swoop Airlines has announced they are converting their seasonal service between P.S. and Edmonton to year-round service. Tickets are already on sale @ www.flyswoop.com.
– DISCUSSION of Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.
– REPORT on the continued growth of travel into and out of the Airport.
– REPORT that we need more ticket counters, terminal facilities, restaurants, etc.
– Alaska Airlines running non-stop between Austin, Texas and Palm Springs (5 flights a week, except Tues., and Sat.,) extended until June 1, 2022.
– REPORT they are requesting new local businesses to apply to come INTO THE AIRPORT.
– (contact info: www.flypsp.com and (760) 318-3800.).