“Restaurant of the Week” Segment – November 6, 2021
9:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – “Restaurant of the Week” Segment
“RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK” w/ Jacky Donnell re: “Elmer’s Restaurant” 1030 E. Palm Cyn. Palm Springs.
– REPORT on lunch w/ the star Cindy Williams @ “Elmer’s”. The real crab BLT salad, the crab avocado omelette.
– REPORT on the supply chain impact on “Elmer’s”. i.e. bacon, hash brown issues. EGAD!!!! Mostly truck/workers @ distributor and manufacturer issues.
– REPORT that due to the Supply Chain issues, Thanksgiving hours will be 7 AM to 2 PM.GETTING DIFFICULT TO GET TURKEYS.
– DISCUSSION that “Elmer’s” goes thru 30 turkeys @ Thanksgiving.
– DISCUSSION of the “pecking” order for delivery of turkeys. Depends on who is contracted to them.
– REPORT that all her employees are back and working and most of the time, she is getting her deliveries.
– REPORT on Thanksgiving Menu; turkey w/ all the trimmings and a slice of pumpkin pie. Perhaps there will be a choice of ham as well. Children’s menu too.
– REPORT that there is no need for reservations. – REPORT that masks are required ANYTIME YOU ENTER THE RESTAURANT. Can remove the mask to eat indoors, and masks are not needed to dine outdoors. Proof of vaccine needed to dine indoors, but not outdoors.
– (contact info: www.eatatelmers.com and (760) 327-8419).