Desert Oasis Health Care Segment – November 6, 2021
9:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Health Care Segment
D.O.H.C. w/ Dr. Lindsey Valenzuela re: 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”. Vice President of Population Health and Health Integration.
– REPORT that we are in our 87th week of Pandemic. Are we just “getting started”. lol
– REPORT on all the booster shots being given @ D.O.H.C.
– REPORT that the approval of the vaccine for children 5 to 11. D.O.H.C. has made the setting “kid friendly”, w/ special bandades, smaller needle sizes, snickers, etc.
– REPORT that the dose is 1/3 the dose of kids 12 and older. Completely different. Pfiser “kids”.
– REPORT that kids usually get their vaccinations from their pediatricians, but they don’t have the vaccine. Different storage requirements for vaccines now. 30% of new cases have been children and 1/3 end up on a ventilator.
– REPORT that now every Delta variant infected person can infect 5 people, not the 2 we started with.
– REPORT that pharmacys are the number one vaccination sites IN THE COUNTRY. More pharmacys than Starbucks in America.
– DISCUSSION of natural immunity vs. Vaccination immunity.
1. Unvaccinated and had Covid = still 5 times more likely to test positive for Covid.
2. Had Covid and then get vaccinated = higher immunity (hybrid). Greater immunity than one who is only vaccinated or one who only has natural immunity.
– REPORT that vaccination is still the best EVEN if you’ve had Covid.
– REPORT on vaccinated people and their ability to SPREAD w/ a “break-thru” infection of the Delta Variant….these folks CAN STILL TRANSMIT virus to their household if you get a break-thru infection. Still need to mask, hand wash and social distance.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C.’s WALK-IN clinics are open Mon. – Friday @ P.S. & Indio. D.O.H.C’s ADULT clinic in Yucca Valley is open every Thursday AND KIDS clinic on Tuesday.
– (contact info: www.mydohc.com and (760) 969-6555).