Desert Oasis Health Care Segment – October 9, 2021
9:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Health Care Segment
D.O.H.C. w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations @ D.O.H.C.; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”. Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– REPORT that we are in our 83rd week of Pandemic.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C. has vaccinated 30,000 folks. All D.O.H.C. employees. No appointment needed, just show up.
– REPORT that you can put your vaccination information on your phone @ calvac.
– REPORT that George from “Crazy Mel’s” is a D.O.H.C. member.
– REPORT that you should NOT laminate your vaccination card in case we need more shots down the road.
– REPORT that boosters are recommended, but NOT required. Only booster now is from Pfiser. Can get a 3rd dose of Maderna if you have a weakened immune system.
– REPORT that we are making progress in Riverside County is down around 6%. Only 50 Covid patients in our local hospitals. These are mostly unvaccinated.
– REPORT that CA. numbers are the best in the country. Fantastic decline in new cases.
– REPORT that D.O.H.C. is testing about 350 folks a week. Government has decided to pay for the new therapies coming out for EUA.
– REPORT that Molnupiravir, the oral therapy is showing promise. 50% reduction in deaths w/ Molnupiravir.
– REPORT that no therapy is as good as the vaccine. Reduces your chance of hospitalization by 90%.
– DISCUSSION that flu and Covid vaccinations available @ all three D.O.H.C. locations, Palm Springs, Indio and Yucca Valley. Drive-thru too. D.O.H.C. has vaccinated 28,000 CV residents.
– (contact info: www.mydohc.com and (760) 969-6555).