Desert Oasis Health Care Segment – October 23, 2021
9:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 2 – Desert Oasis Health Care Segment
D.O.H.C. w/ Dr. Brian Hodgkins re: Executive V.P. of Clinical Operations @ D.O.H.C.; 275 El Cielo Rd., Palm Springs, 92262. “Your Health, Your Life, Our Passion”. Leads the COVID-10 Taskforce.
– REPORT that we are in our 85th week of Pandemic. Will be able to go out for Halloween.
– REPORT that the State of CA. is making tremendous progress. We have the fewest number of new cases in the nation. Best performing state. Fewer folks in hospital. Positivity is below 5%.
– REPORT that the case rate if 10 per 100,000. Coachella Valley is 65% fully vaccinated. People have MADE UP THEIR MINDS as to whether or not get vaccinated.
– REPORT that there is pressure in the workplace to get vaccinated. BUT OVER ½ of D.O.H.C. employees are vaccinated. Deaths are over 1130 but 1/3 of those were D.O.H.C. clients. The legal aspects of the mandate from your work place.
– DISCUSSION of where to get exemption cards.
– REPORT that more people have died this year from COVID than last year AND WE HAVE THE VACCINES now. That is “junk” information.
– REPORT that if I got Covid and recovered, are my immunities better after the vaccine or my own immunity.
– REPORT that some patients who got sick and recovered from Covid, DO NOT PRODUCE immunities, but the vaccine you get then, give you 10 times the immunity than you would produce naturally.
– REPORT that we should be moving into the pediatric vaccination cycle soon.
– HOLD THE DATE; Dr. Hodgkins will be giving an “in-person” talk Nov., 2 @ the Disneyland Hotel in Anaheim. Speaking @ the CA. Society of Health System Pharmacists. Masked and proof of vaccination required. His topic will be “Professional Burnout”.
– DISCUSSION that flu and Covid vaccinations available @ all three D.O.H.C. locations, Palm Springs, Indio and Yucca Valley. Drive-thru too. D.O.H.C. has vaccinated 28,000 CV residents.
– (contact info: www.mydohc.com and (760) 969-6555).