“Restaurant of the Week” Segment – September 18, 2021
9:00 – 10:00 AM
Hour 1 Seg 1 – “Restaurant of the Week” Segment
“RESTAURANT OF THE WEEK” w/ Todd Flood re: “Maracas Restaurant & Bar” 155 S. Palm Cyn., Dr., Palm Springs (for 16 years); 72-775 Dinah Shore Dr., Rancho Mirage and & “J.T.’s Diner” 37011 Cook St., Palm Desert.
– REPORT on the excitement of the indoor diners @ Maracas Palm Springs.
– REPORT that Street Fair will come all the way down S. Palm Caynon at a later date. Covid stopped quite a few vendors from returning.
– REPORT on the “Taste of Summer Rancho Mirage”. Buy a $10. wristband, that is reusable, with different “deals” @ all the participating restaurants that benefits lots of charities. RUNS THROUGH AUG., 15.
– REPORT that the charities can “buy” the bracelets from the R.M. Chamber and keep the rest for their charity. www.tasteofsummerranchomirage.com.
– DISCUSSION that until he can be fully staffed he won’t change to the new menu.
– REPORT the Maracas is closed Wed., and Thurs., @ lunchtime in P.S.
– REPORT that J.T.’s is open from 8 AM to 2 PM, 5 days a week, closed Mon. and Tues.
– REPORT on the items inside the J.T.’s Diner Palm Desert that are for sale now. Retro kind of things.
– REPORT on the menu @ J.T.’s: eggs benedict, great burgers, chix. fried steak, meat loaf and mashed potatoes. Great milkshakes, root beer floats, and malts. Reminds us of Route 66 style.
– (contact info: www.maracas-restaurant.com and (760) 322-9654 and (760) 321-1001 and www.jtsdinerpalmdesert.com and (760) 674-7600).