Museum Segment – September 4,2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 3 – Museum Segment
ACT FOR MS w/ Ann Greer re: 73-710 Fred Waring Dr., Ste., # 118, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– REPORT on the impact of heat on MS Clients that is very bad for them. Act for MS pays part of the utility bill for 4 months of the year for clients. ACT for MS has over 100 clients.
– REPORT that they are one of the recipients of Barry Manilow’s “Gift of Love” Charity concerts.
– REPORT that MS clients have compromised immune systems and usually will wear a mask and get the vaccine.
– REPORT that most clients are going back to training in the gyms.
– DISCUSSION that several clients are home-bound and need circulation/massage therapy. Act for MS sends therapist to the home. There is a need for special “lift chairs” to move the patients in and out.
– REPORT that the effects of MS are known, but not the cause AND not a cure.
– REPORT that all funds raised STAY in the Valley.
– (contact info: www.actforms.org and (760) 773-9806).
PALM SPRINGS AIR MUSEUM w/ Ann Greer re:745 N. Gene Autry Tr., Palm Springs, CA. 92262.
– REPORT that the Museum is open 10 – 5 every day. With over 70 aircraft in 4 hangers.
– REPORT on Sept., 11 Activities.
1. 9:45 AM – 7 aircraft will do a “fly-over” in honor of all the first responders. Will fly over 27 fire stations. Carrying flags honoring CV dead. “Flags of Honor” will be on display in the lobby.
2. All children 12 and under get in FREE w/ one paying adult thru the summer AND on 9.11 too.
3. Blood drive that day. www.lstream.org and then you get into the Museum FREE.
– HOLD THE DATE; POW/MIA National Recognition & Remembrance w/ Reception Sept.,17 @ 5 PM. Speech by U.S. Navy Capt., Steve Shepard @ 6 PM and catering by LuLu. $15/$20. Masks required. (760) 482-1836 for tickets.
– HOLD THE DATE: Sat., Nov., 20 – “Props and Hops” Craft Beer Festival. Vendors, tastings, $50. ($40 in advance) includes a cup and 8 drink tickets, food stations. Does not get you into the Museum. Must be 21 to go to the Beer Festival.
– REPORT on the 3 planes we are flying in the Reno Air Races.
– Warbird Rides available for $195. Book online for a ride in one of 2 P-51, (“Bunny” and “Man of War”) C-47, T28, T33 (jet).
– (contact info: www.psairmuseum.org and (760) 778-6262.)
WARING INTERNATIONAL PIANO COMPETITION. w/ Ann Greer re: 73-710 Fred Waring Dr., #201, Palm Desert, CA. 92260.
– REPORT that there will hopefully be a Grand Salon in November w/ 50 to 100 persons.
– REPORT on the need for host homes.
– HOLD THE DATE: For the Gala on Feb., 7, 2022.
– REPORT that the VWIP Competition will come back in April 10 – 18, 2022. Expecting 25 contestants ages 18 TO 31. City of Palm Desert is the Host Sponsor again and the events will be FREE thanks to the City of Palm Desert.
– REPORT that volunteer training will begin soon.
– (contact info: www.vwipc.org and (760) 773-2575).