“Senior Moment” Segment – August 14, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – “Senior Moment” Segment
NEURO VITALITY CENTER w/ Allan H. Jensen re: Ex. Dir. and Rudy Breilein, Social Worker – 2800 E. Alejo Rd., Palm Springs.
– REPORT that Neuro Vitality Center is NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AGAIN and clients are excited to be back!!!!
– DISCUSSION that the Boys and Girls Club of P.S. just donated some gym equipment.
– REPORT that the Chef is trying out new menu items.
– REPORT that in this “new normal” things are being appreciated and handled in different ways.
– REPORT on how Rudy brings in new clients;
1. Have to have proof of a TB screening and a Covid vaccine card.
2. Then you get a tour around the facility. Like to do these tours when clients are there seeing the activity that goes on.
3. Basic paperwork goes to your doctor for screening and clearance.
4. Schedule a home visit.
5. Schedule a social and nursing evaluation.
6. Discuss psychosocial issues; what a person likes to do, etc. Most of the clients have neurological issues. How are the clients/families dealing w/ the issues. Parents taking care of adult children again and visa versa. The system is rough to navigate and Rudy helps w/ this.
7. Then the client will have a discussion w/ a physical therapist, an occupational therapist, a dietitian, even a pharmacist.
– REPORT on the need for volunteers. Just call.
– DISCUSSION that they are open Monday thru Friday from 7:30 AM to 3:30 PM. Start seeing clients about 8 ish. Best to call and make an appointment.
– REPORT on the variety of clients they serve. Almost anybody. Will be enlarging their services soon for MS clients.