“Senior Moment” Segment – July 10, 2021
10:00 – 11:00 AM
Hour 2 Seg 1 – “Senior Moment” Segment
NEURO VITALITY CENTER w/ Allan H. Jensen re: Ex. Dir. 2800 E. Alejo Rd., Palm Springs.
– DISCUSSION of their mission statement; focus on the patient, NOT the disease. Work w/ people who have neurological issues.
– REPORT that Neuro Vitality Center is NOW OFFICIALLY OPEN TO THE PUBLIC AGAIN!!!!
– DISCUSSION of how the clients are so excited to see folks IN PERSON again. Great energy in the Center.
– REPORT that they are an adult day center. Social activities, state-of-the-art gym, full staff to guide folks. Folks come to be w/ “like-minded” folks.
– REPORT that during the 70 weeks of Pandemic folks have attrified in their skill levels.
– REPORT that they provide services, many times for FREE, and will help w/ all the paperwork.
– REPORT that they are now affiliated thru CBAS (CA, based adult services) and can get programs for many folks @ no charge.
– REPORT on their food program for lunch @ the Center. Can be free if you’re on the CBAS program, otherwise $4. GREAT FOOD.
– DISCUSSION that they work w/ Sun Bus to pick you up and drop you off for FREE.
– REPORT on the need for volunteers. Just call.
– DISCUSSION that they are open Monday thru Friday from 7:30 AM to 2:30 PM. Start seeing clients about 8 ish. Best to call and make an appointment.
– REPORT on the variety of clients they serve. Almost anybody. Will be enlarging their services soon for MS clients.